Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: diggerdave

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

What do you want Diggert? A crying towel? LOL Didn't you waste the rear on the last truck? Good luck changing that. Or is Spenser making a trip? Wish I was there.

If you look at my new thread Dave, you know why I wasn't around tonight

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Go to bed grundgy

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Well diff is on its way should be here in the next half hour. Better start wrenching LOL

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

4. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Well that was a waste of time. Took off my brake assembly and tried to mount an fit upto the drum style. And no go. Won't fit. On the flanges. So plan b. I guess try to take new guts out of new diff and transfer over to old diff. Now that's something I have never done. Should be fun

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Ohhh boy. Waaaayyyyy over your head

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes DiggerDave liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Yup I'm gonna say f uck it. I've been doing some research on doing this kinda swap. And they are talking to much shiot I've never heard of so I'm thinking forggeta bout it. I'm gonna screw up.

9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

What are you trying to do?
    Change the rear brakes to disc?

10. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

My truck currently has disk brakes. The diff I bought today has drums. I wanted to change everything to the disk setup that I have currently. And use the full diff that I bought today cause the diff is already setup and ready to go. But the disk brakes I have won't fit. Cause the flange is different. So I just put it back together the way it is. So now I'm stuck with the only option of cleaning out my old diff. And replacing the old carrier and gears with the new ones in the diff I bought today. But I have no idea how to set that up after I change the parts out. So screw it. I guess I'll just pay a mechanic to come to it. Urs is gonna hate me but. I'm not a mechanic. And I have no flipping clue where to start. After researching I said screw it. There's to much for me to take in and I don't have the fricking tools to do this set up. I'll ask my mechanic at work to see if he will come do this for a 24 of beer. But I don't Evan no If he nos how to do this. So we will see tomorrow. I he doesn't no then I guess I'll get it towed to a guy that does. And I'm sure that will cost me large. So either way. I'm frustrated.

11. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

If that was an American rear, you'd have a fighting chance. But it's a Dana. American only needs a few special tools, but you can work around them. Dana I hear you need those tools. I don't ever recall doing one myself.

I'm upgrading my rear to 341's. I was able to borrow a full set of tools for it. I've been waiting for the lift to get opened up for weeks now.

12. Top Of Page | #30
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Setting up a used carrier in another diff can be easy or hard depending on how many shims you need to change on the pinion shaft. If they both run the same shim thickness it becomes a lot easier. Same with the side to side shims on the carrier. That being said you usually need access to a hydraulic press as well as a dial indicator. I have only setup GM diffs but I am sure the Dana diffs are similar. It is a precision opperation that has to be done correctly or the parts will shred themselves in a short time.

I would just install the entire rear end and use the drum brake setup as long as it fits and has the same gear ratio. Nothing wrong with drum brakes.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast