Thread: Oil filters

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Rotella T6

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Stu
    If you remember, I installed a dual remote filter assembly. I put magnets on the filters. I went 4000 miles before my oil started to cloud up. I was still reading the dip stick through the oil at 6000. 9000, now, it's black and really needs to be changed. This time I am going to use the Rotella T6 and add some Archoil to the crankcase. We'll see. I have to say I didn't have to spend all that money to get on a bypass system and got better results. I change the filters at 5000 and oil once a year now. The 6.7 was every 15,000 with 2 filter changes on T6. The Archoil is supposed to make it more slippeiererer LOL

Thye have some real expensive stuff that actually restores wear surfaces.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've never felt comfortable going to 15k. During the winter they said I could so I'm sure it's safe... But I'd rather not chance it. Might just try the archoil oil additive my next change.

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Which Archoil?

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ar9100 friction modifier for the oil change... I'm researching and debating on if I wanna try or even remotely need the 9200 for the G56

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I just tried that 9100. Feels like it's working. I noticed my boost pressures are a bit lower while running at a steady speed. Can't wait to get some in the trans and rear now

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #17
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Butt dynos are faulty

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Butt dynos are faulty
    There's something wrong. I just don't get it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12