Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minimax EGT probe

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

It's a thought. I thought your EGT's were a bit dramatic, but it's a 6.7 vs my 5.9. My 08 never had a problem other than injectors compliments of Air Dog. Could be the rail started to rust too. I hated that truck. The seat was the real killer. My 03 is a nicer truck and 5 years older.

The 6.7 smoked all the time. The 5.9 I rarely see even a puff from with a load. But I baby it because of the trans and torque converter. Some day

That said, you may have a soot buildup on the probe. That's why I thought of it

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Rail got flushed when head was off, one of those " while we're here" type things, never have had a hiccup or complaint from the injectors, tunes I have now can be Smokey if really squash the fun pedal, but otherwise it actually runs really clean. With that said... I squash the fun pedal a lot. So it's a big possibility

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

what tuner?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

MCC by a Double R Diesel... New name, but he's been tuning for a while now

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So you were right. That cast manifold just doesn't like to give up the heat. Temp gun and pyro were 2° off from each other this morning

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

kind of thought it was that but was not going to repeat what Grumps was saying

7. Top Of Page | #17
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

No comment

8. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Oh feel free, I'll be the first to admit when I pulled a bone head move and fall into that "dumb*as" category. Don't worry tho, I wore my helmet today, it even has a face shield to keep me from licking the windows

9. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    No comment
    You don't want to admit I'm not as dumb as i sound sometimes? Why you dirty. . . . .

11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd View Post
    Oh feel free, I'll be the first to admit when I pulled a bone head move and fall into that "dumb*as" category. Don't worry tho, I wore my helmet today, it even has a face shield to keep me from licking the windows
    Are you saying you're one of those insurance suckers? Or that you just learned a little old mans trick?

I'll just file this under "damn kids" and let it go at that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast