Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best smarty setting

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

best smarty setting

What is the best catcher setting on a smarty for a stock trans . And yes I like to blow black smoke so how should I set the other settings like the torque and fuel settings

2. Top Of Page | #2
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Get bent?

3. Likes DiggerDave liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Are you asking me to get bent ?

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

No asking telling, blowing black smoke is hurtful to the hobby, why do you think the epa came down so hard on ever programmer out there lately? If you want to really impress anyone a small puff of black then clean with good hp numbers

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Agree 100%.

We have to keep the epa off our backs.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Thanks sumptonjackson29 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well I am not wanting to blow black continuously But yes I do like the cloud I leave behind and I am not trying to impress anyone I build my truck for me not you or anyone else . Thanks for the help I guess . And if your not asking me to get bent don't put a question mark . You would just simply put a period .

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I love back peddling, and yes we all realize trucks are built (most bolt-on) for individual use, however when certain gov overreach we as a whole have to band together and show them otherwise, expecially for street use

10. Thanks sumptonjackson29 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If you want a smoke cloud, take it off the road and leave it there. We all know that thick black cloud does less damage than the clear exhaust from a gasser, but the guys making the rules don't care, black smoke must be bad, tune that thing as clean as you can, might be surprised how much more power you get.

12. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

See there are other settings on it that I am not to sure about so I was simply asking if anyone out there knows but is sounds like everyone knows more about the epa then anything else . Thought this was a diesel truck fourm not a lesson in how the government controls my truck

13. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Shoulda asked flat out about the settings and left the black smoke blowing part out of it. Kinda hard to take someone seriously when half their question is based on an immature thrill

14. Thanks sumptonjackson29 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast