Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Cost estimation?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Cost estimation?

I'm looking to black out my truck, it's a dark green now. Anyone have an idea about how much it would cost?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Want do you want to do, paint the whole truck, Plastidip the whole truck, just plastidip or paint the chrome?

Some paints I have used for automobiles ran around $400/gal and I usually need around 2 gallons for a van or pickup. There are paints of lesser quaility that are cheaper and also some real expensive trick paints. Or you could go with rattle can flat black for a few bucks a can.

Good luck with your project!

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Stu. . .You struck me as a Rustoleum type of guy. Metal shavings from the lathe are a bonus

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jstur View Post
    I'm looking to black out my truck, it's a dark green now. Anyone have an idea about how much it would cost?
    They make special paint to do that. It's more durable than primer, where all this started. Looks the same.

Are you doing this yourself? Or hiring a shop?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm probably gonna hire someone, Don't really have the time to do it myself.