Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Grill and cowl color matched (kinda)

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Grill and cowl color matched (kinda)

This weekend I color matched my grill and cowling.

Taking the grill off was easy and straight forward... But the cowling was a bit difficult. And there were no real clear instructions I found so I'm going to walk through that here.

First remove the wipers but remember how they were sitting.
    You have to remove the two bolts on the exterior on the driver and passenger side.
    Then open the hood and pull out the push pins that hold the pad on and that hold the cowl itself to the firewall (these are vertical). There are 4 that hold the pad on and I believe 6 that hold the cowl in place.
    Now the tricky part...
    Close the hood about 3/4 of the way, and then (a buddy is helpful) you need to push the cowl toward the rear of the truck with slight downward pressure, then pull the back of the cowl up. The clips hook in from the rear.
    The cowl comes out in 2 pieces. There are 2 clips on the driver side piece and one on the passenger side.
    Once loose remove the washer hose from the nozzles. (Pull/twist towards the passenger side)

Then you have to lift a little and push the driver side towards the windshield and back, while getting the passenger side pulled towards the front and out. Then they should come out. Install is basically reverse. But it'll still be a little tricky.

Anyways.. Without further ado, hers the pictures...

And I know, I ran out of paint on the grill but had to put the clear on. So I'll have to sand it down and redo it later. This the "kinda" haha

Here ya go:

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

turned out looking good. and good write up on pulling that plastic... whatchamacallit out. i might have to give mine a shot on pulling it out, prob gonna keep it black, but be easier to keep clean and looking nice if it has some paint on it.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Looks great man! I do a ton of side work for the guys around my area. I did a set of tow mirror, cowl and door handles not too long ago. These are very hard to get smooth but can be done with some good high build primer.

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Looks good man. I like the color match look.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Grill and cowl color matched (kinda)

Hey thanks. Make sure to sand the chrome as best you can, so it does keep the paint from chipping later.

Sent from a 53.
    USMC

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

great job

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

8. Top Of Page | #7
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post