Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Fuel pressure problem AGAIN!!

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Fuel pressure problem AGAIN!!

I have a glowshift fuel pressure gauge on my 2000 24 valve, and it's never read right, but now it reads 15psi when i am on the go pedal cruising down the road. But as soon as i let off it spikes to 30 psi then drops to zero and stays there till i get back on the fuel. Also when i first start the truck it idles at 10 to 15 psi but as it warms up it starts acting up.

Any ideas???

Thank you everyone!!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Hate to tell you this but glowshift aren't the best gauges and are known for issues. You could try putting a mechanical gauge on it to compare, or upgrade to a better set of gauges from a respectable brand like autometer

My rig:

01 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 that I built. Mods: 8in Top gun customz long arm hit with 6in atlas springs in the rear, full bilsteins, 37s, fully built transmission with sun coast parts, full auto meter colbalt gauges, fuel pressure, over all boost, bottom turbo boost, tranny temp, egts, 4.10s, custom 3.5in intake horn, grid heater delete, II super dragon flow 11 hole injectors, Tst power max 3 comp smarty stack, twin double batmo wheel twins s362 62/68/14 over a s475 both with polished turbine housings, stainless diesel stainless steel polished exhaust manifold, fass 150 gph fuel system, aux tranny cooler, full pinoeer componet speaker system, flip out screen, 12in rockford fosgate power T2 sub wired to 1 ohm pushed by a 1000watt rockford fosgate ampAll comes together to be called the BDD

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I've got glow shift as well.... about to make the switch to autometer. I'd suggest you do the same. hate that I blew a good amount of money on something that is junk. live and learn I guess.

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yes it is, unfortunately, but at least now you can get some really cool looking ones that are dependable

My rig:

01 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 that I built. Mods: 8in Top gun customz long arm hit with 6in atlas springs in the rear, full bilsteins, 37s, fully built transmission with sun coast parts, full auto meter colbalt gauges, fuel pressure, over all boost, bottom turbo boost, tranny temp, egts, 4.10s, custom 3.5in intake horn, grid heater delete, II super dragon flow 11 hole injectors, Tst power max 3 comp smarty stack, twin double batmo wheel twins s362 62/68/14 over a s475 both with polished turbine housings, stainless diesel stainless steel polished exhaust manifold, fass 150 gph fuel system, aux tranny cooler, full pinoeer componet speaker system, flip out screen, 12in rockford fosgate power T2 sub wired to 1 ohm pushed by a 1000watt rockford fosgate ampAll comes together to be called the BDD

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

But the glowshift ones looked cool... that why I bought em... hahaha THEY CHANGE COLORS, screw reliability.

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Eh I guess everyone has their preferences

Here's a picture of what the inside of my 06 looked like
    uploadfromtaptalk1424826603824.jpg

My rig:

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes fourteen liked this post