Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to tee in a slip tank?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

How to tee in a slip tank?

What would be the best way to tie in my new slip tank to the fuel system? I have a few ideas and some parts I wish to use.

I have a primary filter housing from a wrecked Pete that I think would be a good idea to put inline. Will I need an inline pump or will gravity feed work?

If I install an inline solenoid valve can I top up the tank on the go or will it not vent correctly without removing the fuel cap?

One idea was to tie into the vent hose that runs beside the larger filler tube. This is a lot easier to tee into than the larger hose. I have a tee for the larger hose already but would rather tee into the smaller easier hose. Any foreseeable issuses?

2. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Picking up some parts today. Going to try gravity feed and see if it will work without a transfer pump.

4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The tank in my dad's bed is gravity feed. Took that little vent hose you want to tee into and just took it out. Ran a hose from the vent fitting to the bottom of transfer tank. No problems in the 5 years he's had it that way

5. Thanks Rockwerx thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I gotta ask. Where you from Rock? There's a shop in the town I graduated from that does amazing things with setting up rock crawlers and jeeps by the same name

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Is that the spring guy out there? Trying to remember his name

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Is that the spring guy out there? Trying to remember his name
    I'm talking about the shop in Montrose, Colorado.

9. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd View Post
    I gotta ask. Where you from Rock? There's a shop in the town I graduated from that does amazing things with setting up rock crawlers and jeeps by the same name
    I live near Edmonton up in sunny Alberta. I mostly build toys for myself and family but have also built many things for friends and customers over the years.

The only reson I asked questions is so I can hopefully skip some learning curves! I hate learning things the hard way!

10. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

LOL, I usually end up asking after I learned the hard way that it won't work like I wanted it to

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd View Post
    Rock sleeps with Sasquatch and craps tree bark.
    I get that right Stu?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

http://www.alcanspring.com/

Alcan Spring is the guy I'm thinking of

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast