Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom exhaust through the body

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Does anyone have pics of the hood stack? You're point about choking on exhaust makes sense and I never thought of that before. For that reason I may end up goin out the fender

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

We never tried going through a fender but it may cause similar problems especially for a passenger when the windows are down. I loved the idea of going through the hood especially for simplicity but it did not work for us when we went 4wheeling as most of the time the windows were down...except for hitting huge mud holes in the trails!

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Oh yeah that's a good point too.. Well I could just find a junk hood or fender and try it out first.
    Still lookin for the right truck though haha

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

One word of advice...if you have a wife or girl friend (or wish to get one LOL) that likes wheeling, install the exhaust so they will be happy too. LOL

I am serious though! I have built some pretty gnarly machines over the years and at one point loved them loud and proud. Now I am building them to run a bit quieter...they still run strong and you can tell they are modified but now we can talk without yelling. For my purpose built race stuff I just wear ear plugs.

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That's a good point too.. But talkin is for when the beer is flowin and the fire is goin haha

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I hear ya! Also, everyone in the group should have their own toy for the trails. Then you can run what ever you want.

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That's a good point too, I don't need somethin to crazy. Just similar to the truck from top gear where they go to Alaska haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12