Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuel leak somewhere on top of my tank.

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Didn't definitively identify where the leak was, but she's back together and no leaks so far. Can call this one done I think

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I missed something. You found the place or you didn't so you PM'd everything?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I thought I found the place, that cracked return nipple, but after fixing that I still was leaking fuel, couldn't find the exact source in a short enough amount of time, so I made sure that everything that could leak, was cured of any possible leaks for the near future.

4. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Had to have it all back together and leak free by tomorrow morning so didn't spend a horrible amount of time searching for the exact leaky spot once the bed was off anyway

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

You could take the filler cap off, wrap a rag around a blow gun and put some air in the tank. Look for where the air escapes

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I actually found my homemade rubber plug from back when I was working on tractors for just such circumstances after it was buttoned up and putting tools away... Oh well. Nothing under there has an excuse to leak now

7. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

You want to use a rag so it will leak and not allow you to over pressure.

8. Top Of Page | #28
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It's more or less a blow gun with a pressure regulator, a big soft rubber cone, and an adjustable relief valve. Used it for finding leaks on fuel and hydraulic systems.

9. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

ahh i make stuff like that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123