Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel leak somewhere on top of my tank.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

That is the check valve at the return as i recall. How did that fitting break?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Only thing I can think of was that the return line got pulled on or snagged when the shop was putting in the head studs.

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Tested with air, and didn't seem to have anything stopping the air from going into the tank via the pressure side nipple, so a little bit of 3/8 fuel line and some hose clamps, a touch of rtv on the broken return fitting to plug it up, and I think I'm good to go. I'll finish buttoning it all back up tomorrow and take it for a spin.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Best to replace the fitting. Call Fass

I forgot what it looks like under there. I just know it's on the opposite end of the block.

How did that fitting get broken? Take allot. As I recall, that fitting is an odd ball. I could use a 90 on mine.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Not the return on the fass, the stock return going into the oem lift pump. That stupid plastic nipple the oem fuel lines plug into is what broke... Looking at it, it was cracked, best bet from when the head studs were being done, something snagged the return line at some point I'm guessing. Me poking around just finished it off.

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

NUTZ. Drop tank. I didn't see that coming. But I was close

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Instead of dropping tank I opted for lifting the bed. Much easier

8. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

And it's still leaking after I thought I fixed it.. so now bed is completely off

9. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Since bed was off, if it looked like it could leak, it got sealed, tightened or both... And cleaned up a few of my wire runs since I have so much more room to move around.
    Fyi, the drive shaft seals the tail end of the transfer case in these damn things, so my idea of pulling the drive shaft so I could sit under the bed just gave me a puddle of atf on the ground, and an excuse to service the tcase.

10. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast