Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  38

Thread: 2017 RAM - Looking To Replace A Parking Sensor?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2017 RAM - Looking To Replace A Parking Sensor?

I may have messed up the corner of my bumper, ruining one of my parking sensors in the process.

I have searched high and low for numbers matching the Bosch sensor online but have had no luck finding one with the exact numbers as mine.

I can find them with the same part number, but several other numbers are on there that I can't find a match for.

Does it need to match every number printed on the back of the sensor, or is only the main part number (1EW63WS2AA) needed?

TIA

2. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I had one of my parking sensors go bad, so I purchased the OEM sensor from the dealership at an outrageous price.

If I remember correctly, it was around $300.

I tried the Amazon sensors with the same part number; they were much less expensive but would not work.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I get tired of replacing them every year.

I tried replacing them with a dealer like Bob, but I choked when they told me the price.

I purchased some from Amazon, and they did not work.

I was told but have yet to try it that if you purchase them off Amazon, you must have a scan tool to pair them up.

I have 4 of them, and I have not purchased a scan tool yet.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by timshooter40 View Post
    I get tired of replacing them every year.

I tried replacing them with a dealer like Bob, but I choked when they told me the price.

I purchased some from Amazon, and they did not work.

I was told but have yet to try it that if you purchase them off Amazon, you must have a scan tool to pair them up.

I have 4 of them, and I have not purchased a scan tool yet.
    Please keep us posted on your progress.

I have AlfaOBD, Autoenginuity, and Autel scan tools, but I could not find any option to pair the park sensors.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

AKA Bob.

I will keep you posted.

It will be a while, though.

I don't have the funds now to purchase a scan tool.

$$$

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

10. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Re: 2017 RAM - Looking To Replace A Parking Sensor?

OK, tried to answer this multiple times, but doesnt let me upload image of sensor measuring tool.

So lost the work on the page several times.

Will try again later.

Looks like your part number is (click number below for amazon part for your truck)

1EW63TZZAA

Which replaces: 1EW63FHGAA, 1EW631AUAA, 1EW63P76AA, 1EW63LBGAA, 1EW63RXFAA, 1EW63AB5AA, 1EW63FFBAA, 1EW63FLCAA, 1EW63P79AA, 1EW631LBAA, 1EW631CLAA, 1EW63DX8AA, 1EW63LAUAA, 1EW631SCAA, 1EW63S3XAA, 1EW63LXTAA, 1EW631EPAA, 1EW631Z0AA

Here ys go, OE is 212 bucks, aftermarket is 30 each, cheap aftermarkets under 20 for a set of 4.

Probably going to need this to calibrate it.

Digital Level Gauge

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

12. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I ordered my sensors from Amazon, but they wouldn’t work.

So stay away from this one for sure.

Please let us know if anyone has better luck or finds a set that works other than the OEM.

Attached Images Attached Images

14. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I ordered my sensors from Amazon, but they wouldn't work.

So stay away from this one for sure.

Please let us know if anyone has better luck or finds a set that works other than the OEM.
    AK, when we replace sensors for a Toyota (it may be totally different from Mopar, but I'd bet it's comparable), I know I have to add in angle gauge measurement.

It can tell the sensor is different by an IP address type deal.

I'm not sure if Alfa or Autel can handle it.

I looked in Mitchell Pro Demand and found no info in any calibration.

So, is it plug-and-play?

Not sure.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

16. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    AK, when we replace sensors for a Toyota (it may be totally different from Mopar, but I'd bet it's comparable), I know I have to add in angle gauge measurement.

It can tell the sensor is different by an IP address type deal.

I'm not sure if Alfa or Autel can handle it.

I looked in Mitchell Pro Demand and found no info in any calibration.

So, is it plug-and-play?

Not sure.
    I couldn't find any calibration or pairing information either.

All I know is when I installed the Amazon sensor the Parktronics system disabled itself permanently.

I installed an OEM sensor and the system came back to life and worked perfectly.

I just plugged the new sensor in; no calibration, pairing, or aiming.

See my original post #2 in the link below.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...Assist-Sensors

18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I installed an OEM sensor, and the system came back to life and worked perfectly.
    It goes to show you OE might not be as expensive as it appears.

I always try to use OE parts.

I did replace all my TPMS sensors in my truck, slowly dying off) and got the same brand as MFG (Schrader), and after installing them, I had to do nothing; they all just oriented and paired all by themselves.

19. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey, CrazyTrain liked this post