Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  47
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Kenworth T680 ISX15 Starter/Starting Issue?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2020 Kenworth T680 ISX15 Starter/Starting Issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Royal J Trucking LLC View Post
    It’s the starter.

After I unloaded, I went to a Loves and parked.

I shut it off after 48 hours, and it still didn’t start.

Did the wire test from + to the spot on the solenoid that’ll bypass and start it up.

Nothing, it just clicked. I headed to Kenworth to get a new starter.

I was undecided if I go OEM or Delco Remy, but based on what I’ve read and a mechanic suggestion to go OEM, that’s what im going to grab.

Although it is a bit more $$.

Have you guys ever used Delco Remy?

Or do you buy OEM? (Paccar for my truck).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used to rebuild heavy starters and alternators for all those trucks.

The Delco 40MT was the most popular.

1114896, I think it was an 11-tooth CW rotation, 12V.

They have a 42MT now, little more compact.

I've done them all, including alternators: Magnetti Marelli, Paris Rhone, Leece Neville, Prestolite, and Motorola.

I had a pal who had a 2001 Freight (((Shaker)))) also with the ISX Cummins, and he bought a brand new Delco 40MT starter and a Delco 25SI alternator to have in his sleeper.

Delco 40MT

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: 2020 Kenworth T680 ISX15 Starter/Starting Issue?

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    I used to rebuild heavy starters and alternators for all those trucks.

The Delco 40MT was the most popular.

1114896, I think it was an 11-tooth CW rotation, 12V.

They have a 42MT now, little more compact.

I've done them all, including alternators: Magnetti Marelli, Paris Rhone, Leece Neville, Prestolite, and Motorola.

I had a pal who had a 2001 Freight (((Shaker)))) also with the ISX Cummins, and he bought a brand new Delco 40MT starter and a Delco 25SI alternator to have in his sleeper.

Delco 40MT

http://images.delcoremy.com/remanima...461045_SID.jpg
    I think the one on the truck was possibly a Delco Remy, but it had no markings or even a part number.

It was also slightly different than the OEM Paccar they use in the ISX Cummins for my Kenworth.

I was tempted to get the Delco as it was $150 cheaper at Fleet Pride, but since I still have a warranty on the motor and components, I didn't want to give them a reason to blame a "non-OEM part" if something failed.

Either way, I got it swapped out.

Took me about 4 hours.

About 1hr to 1.5hr was spent getting the bolt off closest to the block.

Eventually, I figured out the best way to get extensions and sockets onto it to remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12