Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: RaceME Canada Custom Tune W/Trans - Initiate Relearn Process?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceME Canada Custom Tune W/Trans - Initiate Relearn Process?

Good afternoon.

I have a 2021 RAM 2500 6.7L, completed the weight loss, and am running the RaceME Canada custom tune with TRANS tune.

The truck runs great, but the downshift from 2nd feels like you hit a bump in the road.

They sent me a second tune; it's a little better, but it is still a clunky downshift.

Their response today was to take it to a shop and have them use a scanner to initiate the trans-relearn process.

1) Doesn't the trans enter relearning after a flash of the ECM with the new tune (they told me this does not happen)?
    2) If i run the tune WITHOUT the trans tune, everything drives fine.
    3) I do have an OBDLink MX+ with an iPhone - if it trgenuinelyeeds a relearn from a code reader, is this unit capable of performing this?

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions before I call them back.

2. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Canada Custom Tune W/Trans - Initiate Relearn Process?

My understanding is that when you flash your tune on a 68RFE-equipped truck, the Clutch Volume Index values (CVI) are zeroed out.

The quick learn process with a scan tool programs in calculated CVI values, and then the drive learn cycle refines the CVI values as the transmission adapts.

Hopefully, others more knowledgeable about the 68RFE will chime in and correct me if this is not the case.

You can use your OBDLink MX+ with AlfaOBD software.

I just checked, and the RFE quick learn is listed for Diesel Cummins: MY2013+, so it should work on your 2021, but I am unable to confirm.

https://www.alfaobd.com/index.html

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks DrMarrs, watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post