Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  81
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 68RFE Trans Help!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Trans Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Cole60 View Post
    Most likely, they would have also done some transmission tuning.

First, I would do the scanner get a readout.

I can't say whether or not it is a VB or solenoid pack.

I know more about the engine and other parts of the vehicle, and I am more of a Chevy than anything else.

I, too, have chased a problem, and it got very, very $ due to no one having any ideas.

I have no personal experience with RevMax or Randy's yet.

I did place an order for a new 750 series last week.

So hopefully, in a month, I'll have a good input for them.
    COLE60, the 750 series, what is that?

What brand?

Also, what sort of scanner should someone use?

What are they looking for so I can be aware before I take it somewhere?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Also, what scan tool should I purchase to read the transmission values myself?

And what should I look for?

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13
    DEFUND EPA I WILL STAND sootmaster's Avatar

User Info Menu

Hello, when dealing with trans concerns or almost any code, a freeze frame may be recorded.

The ECU shows what PID values are present at the time of fault.

Most of the time, erasing these values will have to drive till the fault reoccurs or the problem gets worse.

You can try a relearn and maybe Alt 2C CVI (Clutch Volume Index).

Going forward, this is unknown; it is best left to the professional diag to trace what is happening.

You could just bite the bullet and get a Rebuilt from vendors here.

Last edited by sootmaster; 1 Week Ago at 01:28 PM.
    07.5 4x4 Yukon Detroit locker Rear AAM Elect-Front Locker, DOR Front Arm, ATS/Destroke Allison 1000 Conversion W/All 3-Billet Shafts, My Stage-5+ Allison, ATS Five Star TQ Converter, ATS CoPilot, Turbo America Custom VGT, Steed Speed Manifold, (UpGrading Compound Pusher turbo s480 soon) Motorsports Diesel 100% over custom Injectors, MotorSports Diesel 10.6 CP3, AirDog II 165-5G, Rail Pressure Relief 1-Stage, Update Common Rail, Mishimoto Intercooler, ARP 425 Studs, Hamilton Springs,Ret,PR

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins_Legend View Post
    Also, what scan tool should I purchase to read the transmission values myself?

And what should I look for?
    Revmax 750 series transmission is what I ordered, and for what to look for, the transmission shop will know.

I do not fully know what to look for.

A good scanner the shop should have would be a Snap-On, but a scanner for you're self.

The MM3 does display a lot of info. I don't know which tuner you have.

AlphaOBD is also a good one to have when checking many things.

Others here would know more than I.

@AK Bob is a very knowledgeable person who could help guide you in the right direction.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Thanks to Goreje watch, this can explain reasons going forward.

07.5 4x4 Yukon Detroit locker Rear AAM Elect-Front Locker, DOR Front Arm, ATS/Destroke Allison 1000 Conversion W/All 3-Billet Shafts, My Stage-5+ Allison, ATS Five Star TQ Converter, ATS CoPilot, Turbo America Custom VGT, Steed Speed Manifold, (UpGrading Compound Pusher turbo s480 soon) Motorsports Diesel 100% over custom Injectors, MotorSports Diesel 10.6 CP3, AirDog II 165-5G, Rail Pressure Relief 1-Stage, Update Common Rail, Mishimoto Intercooler, ARP 425 Studs, Hamilton Springs,Ret,PR

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins_Legend View Post
    Thanks, Corkey.

If you know anything about tunes when a truck is deleted, is it the tranny that is tuned or the motor?
    Like @Cole60 mentioned

I'm more familiar with the 3rd gen rigs, as the ECM and TCM are separated from one another.

Your " PCM power control module" is controlled by both the ECM and TCM.

I would assume that somewhere on the tuner, there will be a stock file and a custom trans file with the" if equipped "option.

I could be misleading, but check the PCM tab on your monitor.

If you have a scan tool available, look at line pressure and see if it reads anything above 150 lbs, which " I think is stock pressure."

If it's north of that, it has a trans tune engaged as it's commanded to achieve higher than stock pressures.

I have seen it before, just because you have a trans tune on, doesn't mean it has the supporting mods to handle everything.

Valve body, converter, billet input shaft, pump, etc.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

12. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sootmaster View Post
    Thanks to Goreje watch, this can explain reasons going forward.

Thanks.

Your build must have been costly.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

I'd be acting up too, if I had to haul around retarded 38-inch tires.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Dodge Ram 68RFE Signature Series 850 Transmission

[COLOR=var(--primary_color)]$13,225.00
    [FONT=&amp] Base Price

• + Added $109.00 (68RFE / AS69 / 66RFE ZeroStat Transmission Cooler Thermostatic Bypass 2013 – 2018 ZeroStat Patented Technology Patent No.: US 11,137,070 B2) (X Remove Upgrade)

+ $2,500 Refundable Core Charge
    = $15,834 Total Price
    Upgrade & Accessories

Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 1customer rating
    (1 customer review)
    Starting at $459/mo or 0% APR with Affirm. See if you qualify

What is the RevMax Warranty?
    2007.5-2009 Standard Installation Instructions
    2010-2019 Standard Installation Instructions

**The 2019 68RFE requires a PI Curve Relearn that must be done along with the quick learn before driving the vehicle**

RevMax website above curious on price.

When dealing with these 68RFE, you can either keep replacing this eggshell case trans or replace this weak link by Converting to Allison 1000, which stage 1-2-3-4-5-6 is up to you.

For myself, being a Trans builder, I chose to throw my 68RFE in the trash/escape and convert.

My first Allison conversion was the early version of the destroke, which had faults.

Still, the newest update from electronics, Bellhousing, tail shaft housing ATS has these acting like an Aisin standalone and UNBEATABLE your choice.

Many here have used and installed these with no problem.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12