Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: MM3 Trans Tuning?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Trans Tuning?

I have recently installed a new trans that requires trans tunning.

I am set up with the MM3 from Double R Diesel and trying to figure out how to change my parameters.

2. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Trans Tuning?

@Rcummings

I'm familiar with the 3rd Gens, personally.

I can try to help.

Hook a battery charger to one of the batteries; this helps prevent the possibility of a corrupt flash sequence.

Key on engine off \ engine off - in the run position.

Click on the screen anywhere, and it should bring you to the home screen on the monitor.

You should see an ECM, TCM, or PCM tab. "Newer rigs have an all-in-one module compared to mine having a separate ECM & TCM."

You should see an Upload custom file section.

Click that tab; it will walk you through prompt commands to help you out.

Once it finishes, it says upload successful and asks to power the truck off.

I believe it even has a timer on the monitor at this point.

Once the timer runs out, it should be loaded and ready.

On the home screen," on the 3rd gens," it should show TCM-1 on the right side, which indicates that a custom file is loaded.

Again, this might appear differently on your newer truck.

Remember, you will need to perform a relearn process on the transmission.

Typically, custom trans tunes change the shift points and lockups on the converter and or for higher line pressure.

The relearn is allowing the transmission to adapt to new commands.

The big pain is not exerting more than 30 percent throttle for 300 to 500 miles, no exhaust brake usage, no power level changes, and HIGHLY needed in town driving " highway miles won't work."

You want gear changes to happen as much as possible, getting the trans hot " normal temps " and completely allowing it to cool down.

A lot of folks seem to get too anxious to feel the difference in how it'll react, but they'll most often be a little bummed out about the change because they didn't do the procedure correctly and were forced to do another relearn.

Hopefully, someone with a newer 6.7L can quote me for the uploading portion.

Last edited by Corkey; 03-07-2024 at 08:31 PM.
    II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post