Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  24

Thread: C Rated Rires On My RAM 3500 Dually?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

C Rated Rires On My RAM 3500 Dually?

I've got Toyo Open Country AT3s 35/11.5 R17 LT on my RAM 3500 with, I believe, stock rims at about 17x6.

I got the tires replaced because when I bought a truck, it had dry-rotted Nitto Grapplers that were touching.

I paid for the spacers and the tires.

Now, my Open Countries have a nail in the outer right rear.

No tire shop has been willing to help because, for one, the tires are C-rated vs. E-F-rated rating.

Also, they won't because the rim size is incorrect for their ranges.

This is a semi-local company and is known on the forums.

There were other issues with my service I will not mention in this post because it does not pertain to the wheels, tires, etc.

They've got no warranty policy for tires, etc.

I've brought it up with the newest front office personnel who replaced the worker I had initially been in contact with when I brought my truck in for a trans replacement.

I'm not sure what to do other than shell out more than thousands to be able to feel safe driving in the vehicle that was passed off to me when I bought a used vehicle.

The shop checked me out, and it gave back to me, saying everything was square.

The least I can say is I'm not stoked, and it's been more hassle than it's worth.

They have to keep taking my money.

2. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I know it's not what you want to hear, but those tires do not belong on those wheels or that truck.

Even if you find somebody willing to work on it, you shouldn't do it.

You can get away with some D-rated tires on a vehicle that never sees towing applications, but C-rated tires on a narrow wheel are a bad combination.

My .02 is to jump on the marketplace and find a set of wheels and tires so it's not breaking the bank too badly.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The stock tire size on stock rims for your 2011 RAM 3500 should be 235/80R17; no spacers are required.

https://tiresize.com/tires/Ram/3500/...al-Rear-Wheel/

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by badbajawa View Post
    I know it's not what you want to hear, but those tires do not belong on those wheels or that truck.

Even if you find somebody willing to work on it, you shouldn't do it.

You can get away with some D-rated tires on a vehicle that never sees towing applications, but C-rated tires on a narrow wheel are a bad combination.

My .02 is to jump on the marketplace and find a set of wheels and tires so it's not breaking the bank too badly.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    They were agreed not safe and hazardous.

I went to two shops (tire shops), and they refused to work on my tire.

All saying they had to replace all the tires.

I'm just wondering if the previous shop has any liability or responsibility to help me out since they screwed me over.

I didn't ask for these specific tires.

I've got the truck to tow and haul. I let them know this.

I let them know I had a nail, and they suggested I come to them or go to another shop.

There were other issues and hiccups with the service, too.

I supported and shopped at this shop because they are affiliated with the site, and I was thoroughly disappointed in the service.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

7. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    The stock tire size on stock rims for your 2011 RAM 3500 should be 235/80R17; no spacers are required.

https://tiresize.com/tires/Ram/3500/...al-Rear-Wheel/
    The previous tires were literally touching, which prompted them to suggest and install spacers.

They also said they got tires that aren't as aggressive but aren't even proper for my truck.

I'll check out that link thanks.

9. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Re: C Rated Rires On My RAM 3500 Dually?

Quote Originally Posted by Tian-Zen View Post
    They were agreed not safe and hazardous.

I went to two shops (tire shops), and they refused to work on my tire.

All saying they had to replace all the tires.

I'm just wondering if the previous shop has any liability or responsibility to help me out since they screwed me over.

I didn't ask for these specific tires.

I've got the truck to tow and haul. I let them know this.

I let them know I had a nail, and they suggested I come to them or go to another shop.

There were other issues and hiccups with the service, too.

I supported and shopped at this shop because they are affiliated with the site, and I was thoroughly disappointed in the service.

They have now offered to purchase a new set and change them for me for free since they let their former employee go, who had similar issues with not verifying the parts ordered, etc.

It makes me feel better about spending all this money with them, and I may go back to them again now if I have a bigger repair.

11. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post