Hello everybody!

My 2011 is my first common rail after years of mechanical and Heui engines.

I picked up a basket case truck and needed to ensure my theory of operations was correct.

My first question is if there is a way to see if this truck has been tuned.

The DPF and cat are in far better condition than the rest of this exhaust so that it may have been deleted at one point.

I am in Colorado, so I can't have any weight loss surgery due to visual inspections.

I keep getting a P0191 and a P2BAC (likely due to the P0191) and have read a lot of threads about it that just die off without a conclusion.

The truck seems to run fine, but a poorly running CR will likely still feel better than my other trucks.

The codes always trigger when coasting to a stop from 40+ mph or when on an interstate offramp.

I come to a stop slowly, like I am loaded, so I assume with low RPM, the rail pressure drops long enough to trip the code.

I did get some records with the truck showing an EGR valve replacement and the fuel pressure regulator within 10k miles, so I think the last owner was chasing this and gave up.

I will be using Torque Pro and Alfa OBD to try and monitor commanded and actual rail pressures, but my question is what these pressures should be when coming to a stop or idling after a highway run.

For now, a third and last question is about rail plugs and what danger could come from deadheading the rail.

I see them being suggested for this issue, but my gut says that's a terrible idea for a stock daily driver.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk