Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  33

Thread: Might Spring For The Warp Tuning Dongle

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Might Spring For The Warp Tuning Dongle

Currently have DRD tunes, recently added a Fleece Cheetah, and need a retune.

Since DRD is no longer in the game, I considered getting the Warp Tuning dongle.

I know I won't be able to tune better than DRD.

A custom tune from RaceME is $475; the dongle is $450.

I can always reload my DRD tunes and be out $450.

I want to be able to data log and "try" to create tunes myself.

Is there anyone on here who has created their Warp tunes?

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

2. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189, CrazyTrain liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Might Spring For The Warp Tuning Dongle

I have done both your thoughts and read a few reference guides.

Most are for a different tuning platform. However, the principles are the same.

I suggest collecting data on how the tune is performing in the current state.

I suspect the new turbo moves more air and might need more fuel.

I would also strongly suggest monitoring exhaust temp; it could get pretty expensive by adding too much fuel and roasting some pistons.

2018 srw 3500

4. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob, CrazyTrain liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I asked Ray this same question when I had the VGT setup.

He mentioned it's a drop in turbo, which does not require a retune.

However, if you choose to get a retune, it will give you the benefit of maxing out the turbo with the stock injectors.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

6. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I asked Ray as well, and he told me I was good as long as it ran well and there weren't any codes.

I might get the dongle to see what it's all about; it would be nice to know more about the tuning side.

The worst case is I'm out $450; I always have Ray's tunes to load back in.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Well, I'm buying a dongle cause it's only $450, and I want to see what's going on.

I also want to read my data logs.

I don't plan on writing tunes anytime soon.

I will someday need/want more info.

So I say go for it; know what your doing before you put a tune in your truck.

9. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Merica knight train View Post
    Well, I'm buying a dongle cause it's only $450, and I want to see what's going on.

I also want to read my data logs.

I don't plan on writing tunes anytime soon.

I will someday need/want more info.

So I say go for it; know what your doing before you put a tune in your truck.
    Exactly,

My dongle will be here tomorrow.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    I asked Ray as well, and he told me I was good as long as it ran well and there weren't any codes.

I might get the dongle to see what it's all about; it would be nice to know more about the tuning side.

The worst case is I'm out $450; I always have Ray's tunes to load back in.
    We could be brothers by your way of thinking.

It's only money and only buys less by the day.

I would spring for the dongle.

Better now than later.

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

We could be brothers by your way of thinking.

It's only money and only buys less by the day.

I would spring for the dongle.

Better now than later.[/QUOTE]

I got the dongle and have been adjusting my stock tune.

I can't quite figure out the data logger.

I have been just driving normally and writing down parameters for the transmission, so I can start tuning that first.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post