Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: 2011 RAM 3500 - Engine Rebuild Help?

1. Top Of Page | #1

2011 RAM 3500 - Engine Rebuild Help?

I'm a new member.

I just bought a 2011 3500 Dually, auto, crew cab, 4wd, and long bed, and I deleted it poorly.

The truck had a serious blowby but didn't smoke, no miss, blown turbo seals, and used a lot of oil.

I replaced the turbo, cleaned the cooler, and cut the exhaust loss before entry into the filter.

There is still a blowby, and we did a fuel and oil treatment by seafoam and vented the oil filler cap under the engine.

I drove 200 miles and used one gal of oil through the oil filler cap vent.

I"ve done searches on rebuilding this engine and I"m not having any luck.

Could someone point me to some links that discuss the various aspects of the build, such as an engine rebuild kit, machine work, and injector rebuild/replacement?

Thanks

2. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2011 RAM 3500 - Engine Rebuild Help?

I’m sorry to hear about your engine troubles. Sounds like a big project on your hands.

I’m interested in this as well.

I’m considering pulling the motor to do rods and a girdle and would love to hear some more details on the whole process.

I’m not sure who does that kind of work these days.

2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - 68RFE - Carli 2.5" level coils - Carli radius arm drops - Carli 1" rear coils w/ RC 1" rear spacers - 17x8.5 0mm Method Mesh - 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T - AAM 4.10 gears - Airlift 5000 bags - Airlift Wireless OBO - PacBrake Oil Filter Relocator

4. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post