Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: (CP4 Recall) Dealer Steered Me Wrong!

1. Top Of Page | #1

(CP4 Recall) Dealer Steered Me Wrong!

2019 RAM 3500 HO Laramie.

It's a bit of a long story, but here we go.

I bought the truck at the end of October last year and immediately called the dealership to get on the list for the CP4 recall.

They took my info and got me on the waitlist.

A week or two after that, I called to follow up with them and ask a quick question, and the guy that I talked to was a bit of a dick and told me that all of the recalls for my truck had been done already.

I thought maybe they tried to place the order, but some error came back saying that it couldn't be placed because it had already been done, and they didn't let me know.

Either way, I started piecing together the weight loss kit.

The last piece arrived a month ago, and I put on the surgical gown and got to work.

At the beginning of this week, I got a call from the dealership saying that my parts were in and asking me when I could schedule the recalls.

I was a bit irritated with the kid I talked to, but they confirmed that the recalls hadn't been done, and the last dude I spoke to straight lied to me.

I told him to give the part to someone else as I wasn't ready to be without a truck for an unknown time and had been streaming the last few days.

Where should I go from here?

I've kept all the parts and can put them back in time/weather permitting; some locking clips broke on the connectors, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Should I reinstall it and take it to the dealer?

Should I take it to a shop as is, have them do the recall, and submit it for reimbursement?

Will I have to get a retune, as I told them the recall had already been done, but it wasn't?

I'm frustrated and looking for direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: (CP4 Recall) Dealer Steered Me Wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2486 View Post
    2019 RAM 3500 HO Laramie.

It's a bit of a long story, but here we go.

I bought the truck at the end of October last year and immediately called the dealership to get on the list for the CP4 recall.

They took my info and got me on the waitlist.

A week or two after that, I called to follow up with them and ask a quick question, and the guy that I talked to was a bit of a dick and told me that all of the recalls for my truck had been done already.

I thought maybe they tried to place the order, but some error came back saying that it couldn't be placed because it had already been done, and they didn't let me know.

Either way, I started piecing together the weight loss kit.

The last piece arrived a month ago, and I put on the surgical gown and got to work.

At the beginning of this week, I got a call from the dealership saying that my parts were in and asking me when I could schedule the recalls.

I was a bit irritated with the kid I talked to, but they confirmed that the recalls hadn't been done, and the last dude I spoke to straight lied to me.

I told him to give the part to someone else as I wasn't ready to be without a truck for an unknown time and had been streaming the last few days.

Where should I go from here?

I've kept all the parts and can put them back in time/weather permitting; some locking clips broke on the connectors, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Should I reinstall it and take it to the dealer?

Should I take it to a shop as is, have them do the recall, and submit it for reimbursement?

Will I have to get a retune, as I told them the recall had already been done, but it wasn't?

I'm frustrated and looking for direction.

It's a shame you got the wrong information and jumped the gun.

I would return to stock and have the dealership complete the recall.

They will flash your PCM as part of the recall, and you may need a recovery from MM3 Power to reinstall your tunes.

Last edited by AK Bob; 01-26-2024 at 02:28 PM.
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Top Of Page | #3

Thank you for the advice; that’s the direction I was leaning.

What is involved in getting the recovery from MM3?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2486 View Post
    Thank you for the advice; that’s the direction I was leaning.

What is involved in getting the recovery from MM3?

Contact MM3 Power and tell them you had the CP4 recall performed and are receiving error codes when trying to flash your tunes.

http://mm3power.com/contact/

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...Software-(ECM)

Last edited by AK Bob; 01-26-2024 at 05:26 PM.
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post