Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Low Fuel Mileage?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Low Fuel Mileage?

Hi, I hope I get some help.

I have a 2012 RAM 2500 full delete with an MM3 tuner & a Pusher air intake & an Air dog fuel pump 5" exhaust.

The truck only has 42000 on it, and I only got 11 to 12 mpg, and I bought it.

Is it too much fuel up to the CP3 fuel pressure, around 10 psi?

Should I back down to 4 to 5 psi?

The truck runs fine, but I get bad fuel mileage.

2. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Low Fuel Mileage?

Quote Originally Posted by olyeller40 View Post
    Hi, I hope I get some help.

I have a 2012 RAM 2500 full delete with an MM3 tuner & a Pusher air intake & an Air dog fuel pump 5" exhaust.

The truck only has 42000 on it, and I only got 11 to 12 mpg, and I bought it.

Is it too much fuel up to the CP3 fuel pressure, around 10 psi?

Should I back down to 4 to 5 psi?

The truck runs fine, but I get bad fuel mileage.
    You are not over-pressuring your CP3 with 10psi.

The CP3 has an internal metering/lift pump built into it that boosts the supply pressure between 80 and 180 psi, depending on the requirement.

The FCA meters the fuel entering the pump chamber, and the CP3 pump then provides the high-pressure output to the fuel rail.

Fuel economy has more to do with the engine's mechanical condition, tuning, transmission, driving habits, type of driving (city/highway/speed/acceleration), driving conditions (terrain/temperature/wind/snow and ice), idle time, engine load, and gear ratios.

It sounds like your truck is running fine and exhibits no signs of over-fueling, poor mechanical condition, or excessive black smoke.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    You are not over-pressuring your CP3 with 10psi.

The CP3 has an internal metering/lift pump built into it that boosts the supply pressure between 80 and 180 psi, depending on the requirement.

The FCA meters the fuel entering the pump chamber, and the CP3 pump then provides the high-pressure output to the fuel rail.

Fuel economy has more to do with the engine's mechanical condition, tuning, transmission, driving habits, type of driving (city/highway/speed/acceleration), driving conditions (terrain/temperature/wind/snow and ice), idle time, engine load, and gear ratios.

It sounds like your truck is running fine and exhibits no signs of over-fueling, poor mechanical condition, or excessive black smoke.
    Who needs a doctor when we got Bob?

I couldn't have said it any clearer!

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

6. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Bustedgrills liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    Who needs a doctor when we got Bob?

I couldn't have said it any clearer!
    Thanks!

LOL

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Likes Corkey, watersupply189, Bustedgrills liked this post