Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injector Code Trouble?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Injector Code Trouble?

Hey, I’m running an MM3 tuner from DRD.

2011 6.7L Cummins with Twin stock pumps and 100 percent over injectors keep getting codes for injector performance.

It first popped up in injector 1, and now it’s saying 1 /2 and 3 injector performance.

Check engine is on

Anyway, to fix this?

Thanks!

2. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Injector Code Trouble?

Have you checked for any loose wires on the injector terminals?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Thanks for the reply,

I’m going to check them in the morning.

6. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nvrfstenuf View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

I’m going to check them in the morning.
    The correct torque for the injector nuts is 8.8 in-lbs.

If everything checks well and there are no loose connections, you could try removing the #1 injector and switching it to the#4 position to see if the trouble code follows the injector.

Please keep us posted.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AK Bob; 01-20-2024 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Added PDF for reference
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

What is the code(s) and description?

Does one need to write compensation codes for these new injectors?

Did you replace fuel tubes when you replaced injectors?

Did you follow the install torque sequence, i.e., injector, fuel tube, etc.?

Does it seem to run or, ie, on all cylinders and balanced?

No smoke from overfueling?

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

10. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

P020c injector performance cylinder 3 threw that code for cylinders 1 and 2 but seemed to have cleared itself.

I did pull the valve cover and checked the wiring.

Everything seems good and tight.

I was doing a lot of around-town driving where the truck wasn’t under a boost.

It seems to rattle pretty well under light acceleration on the highway, and then it goes away.

12. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

Yes, there are new crossover tubes.

Everything was toque to spec in the correct sequence.

The truck doesn’t smoke and idles perfectly.

Just under light accel, it seems to be knocking pretty good.

Maybe too much timing?

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I'd measure injector resistance on the wiring pair and compare it to all others.

Do it at the valve cover gasket plug so that you will be testing the entire circuit.

I'd look for consistency between each one.

I did a quick internet search, and this is the most common cause I saw.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

15. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I'm curious about the compensation codes.

Your ECU now has store compensation codes, but they are for the injectors you took out.

I suspect those compensation codes compensate for the difference in injector volume; they can't be identical but must spray identically.

So it's done on the computer, i.e., on time in milliseconds.

Was there a QR code or numbers on the injectors?

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    I'm curious about the compensation codes.

Your ECU now has store compensation codes, but they are for the injectors you took out.

I suspect those compensation codes compensate for the difference in injector volume; they can't be identical but must spray identically.

So it's done on the computer, i.e., on time in milliseconds.

Was there a QR code or numbers on the injectors?

The OP’s 2011 will have the manually entered compensation codes.

My research shows that Cummins from 2013 and up used "Zero Delivery Calibration" instead of entering the compensation codes.

See the links below.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...ibration-Codes

https://oregonfuelinjection.com/inje...-codes-or-iqa/

Last edited by AK Bob; 01-23-2024 at 04:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast