Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  90
Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ArchOil Fuel Additive Not Snake Oil!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Red face ArchOil Fuel Additive Not Snake Oil!

http://www.archoilcart.com/fueltreatment.aspx

This stuff was suggested to me to take a look at since I am on the MPG campaign. I dickered around with getting some, but read the propaganda they had.

For the first time, I found something that will cost less than the gains it gives. You need 1/2 and ounce to treat a full tank. one 4Z bottle treats 360 gallons at $25.00.

I got it yesterday and put some in the 3/4 full tank. Weather was 25*F. Started it up and the truck did it's usual noisy routine. Wait a few minutes and drove on. I drove it a few miles through traffic lights and following dead heads so it took a while to slosh the stuff around the tank. After 5 or 6 miles, the Quadzilla was still off, but the knock in the engine started to disappear sooner than usual. Then I realized it was idling smoother. MMMMM I did my daily WOT to loosen up those 2 sticky injectors, and it didn't break up this time. Really unusual! It does it every time I stomp on it at a start up. I'm keeping an open mind, being the skeptic I am.

After a few more miles I started to notice a slight drop in the EGT's. Gee they said it would go down. It felt snappier now. I sat at idle out of gear and noted my idle EGT's fell 30*!!! That means I am burrung more efficiently at idle. The odor I usually get from the exhaust was greatly diminished.

That's my first impression. Obviously it needs more running. . . . I'll be going out this evening again so we'll see how the cold start works out.

Keep ya posted, but so far, it is extremely promising. You got to read their site. The're nice people and answer questions. I'm busting their buts about a push on the DuraJokes. Hey! What about us? LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks walla2k5, Roberto Fisherman thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Roberto Fisherman liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Round 2

Yup. I hit a nerve. You mean after all these years someone came up with a product that works?

I have to say the truck is stronger, quieter, and the EGT's while driving are at least 50* less. All for less than 1/2 an ounce of this stuff. For you performance guys, this stuff can give you an edge. It runs real strong now. Now we'll see how it does on the MPG. If the EGT's are down, that means I'm running cleaner and getting full combustion.

Spenser You need to try some of this. You might be able to get that 03 out of the driveway without pushing it. LOL

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks Roberto Fisherman thanked for this post
    Likes Roberto Fisherman liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hrmmm. Good find. I'm thinking I'll let you guinea pig it for a bit long and see how things are going before I give it a shot.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'll be running it down the highway soon with a load. The last time I hauled that pig, I got 16 MPG. I was close to 9K running through the hills in PA and NY.

Right now, it is definitely doing something. I'm not even sure I put enough in there on the first shot. The next tank will be the one that will really tell.

Put some in my wifes car too. It's a Chrysler 200 with the V6. It ran good before. . . . .

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

3rd run

Started normal, ran strong without the Quadzilla even better with. Stronger. smoother, quieter. The amazing thing is, it didn't break up at all. It still could be just a bandaid for my injectors, but a good one.

8. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That's sounding like it's worth it to me... And I'm glad it's working for you. Hopefully it's a good enough bandaid to keep things going good until you can get new sticks

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I have a set lined up, used. They have larger tips on them already. I'm planning on getting them gone over and cleaned first.

10. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

And another successful day.

I'm taking a trip next week. we'll see

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Awesome.

Sounds like its really working.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I'm trying the remain skeptical

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast