Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  90
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ArchOil Fuel Additive Not Snake Oil!

1. Top Of Page | #31
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Doesn't come out and say it... But with its claim of lowering the burn rate, it's gotta boost the cetane by a good bit. So definitely will not be treating the same tank with stanadyn. Was going to run one tank just archoil, then one with both, but that's not happening

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Aint retired wonderful? I can just sit here and take abuse and laugh. LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #33
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

LOL.and you know only reason why I give you **** about being so slow is because I'm jealous

4. Top Of Page | #34
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

so, while waiting on my fuel treatment to show up, i figured i'd do some research on what else they offer... this mainly references the 6.0hno PSD, but could have a benefit on some of our much more beloved cummins...
    alot of guys with 6.0's are suffering from striction since their injectors are actuated from oil as well as electrical, and from what i claim "REV-X" is their magic cure for any oil related injector issues as well as just quieting the engine operation etc... etc... from what i've read, the revx runs about $70 +/- an oil change, AR9100 typically right around $30 +/- shipping. these guys are claiming that the revx does wonders, but all initial problems come right back as soon as they skip it in an oil change, the bulk of the guys testing the AR9100 so far that i have read have gotten the same results as those that have used revx, granted, i havent found someone reporting that they skipped an oil change to see if problems have come back.
    now, why i'm putting info of what guys with 6.0s have been doing on a cummins forum, 1: knowledge is power always good to know about as much as you can. and 2: if their oil additive is costing less than 50% of the other stuff, and works just as good to me it's one more point in favor of archoil for any of their products.
    only thing in archoil fuel additive i havent found that i'm not so impressed about is that there is no mention on winter additives in with it. might not be needed considering it does take care of what water is in the fuel and all that good stuff... which bring me to my question for Grumpy, how cold has it been around your neck of the woods? do you have anything in your fuel specific for winter/anti gelling besides the typical winter formula from the pump? and have you noticed any difference on cold morning starts/ issues using the AR?

5. Thanks K-Sons thanked for this post
    Likes K-Sons liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

What do you want PITA! LOL

I used antiGel all winter. I put the first dose of the Archoil on top of a heavy dose of Sea Foam and a regular dose of antigel. It was quite a chemical factory down there. But as I said on page one. I started to feel a difference right away. Once it got mixed up in the tank, Oh boy. The biggest thing is the injectors just stopped sticking. It hasn't hiccupped once since. And this isn't a 6.0 either! This tank fill was 16 gallons and all I added was the appropriate Archoil.

I bought some of their friction stuff too. Doing my rear soon and doing it's annual PM. I have enough for both the trans and rear. I'll need more for the oil change. It's not 70 for an oil change on our trucks. We only hold 3 gallons. 6.0 I think is 7

I think you better ask the company that question. I don't know either.

And the fuel tank hasn't melted yet either. LOL

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #36
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

LOL good news on the lack of tank melt!!! the $70 was in reference to just the revx itself per oil change... i havent used any oil additives, but was thinking about trying ar9100 next oil change. my engine looked damn good when they had the head off, so figured if i had a cost effective possibility of keeping it looking that way for longer i might try it. both diffs, and tranny oil has already been changed not too long ago otherwise i'd look into it for them.

8. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

By the way, I have something better than that trip. I have a local tow to do tomorrow. It will be around 125 miles total, but I'll know as soon as I get the wagon connected. I was getting 16 MPG with a empty wagon, around 15 loaded. It's a 58 DeSoto I'll be towing, like hauling an Abrams. LOL

9. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

I don't know if it would be a problem adding some 9100 to the diffs and trans if the fluids are pretty new. Again, a question for the factory. I sent them the link to this for him to view. That way he can see your comments.

The Canadian Tank Melt may even try some of this shtuff. Right Muffin?

10. Top Of Page | #39
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i'd take a good heavy pull over an unloaded long trip for verification anyday... after all, these engines are built to work. i bet if your injector issue has any thought of coming back with this stuff it would be while loaded. i'm happy with the switch off LOL.

11. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

I suppose the Joker wants to know how things went today.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast