Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  90
Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: ArchOil Fuel Additive Not Snake Oil!

1. Top Of Page | #321

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    When I calculated it out after fill up it was 19.9
    I was guessing on the gallons, figured that was around 25. My fill at the 1/4 mark is about 9. Even if it was 10 gallons, that's still 22, and 2 MPG improvement. I'll know when I get home tomorrow

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #322
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That's up close to where it should ve

3. Top Of Page | #323

User Info Menu

I need to finish out this tank with the 6400. But that's a good improvement. I noticed my engine temps were up while it's in the low 70's. How typical of here. long rolling hills. I think I spent most of my time at 7 to 8 pounds of boost, flat cruise I am usually 6 PSI.

22 for that horse of yours is good! I should be doing better though. 700# lighter, less turning friction and 50 less cubes

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #324

User Info Menu

we use archoil in all our personal trucks! it really is awesome stuff! thank you for the kind words as well!

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #325

User Info Menu

Need to say I am disappointed. I only gained 1 MPG after all that. I averaged 21 on this trip. However!

We had what we call a Noreastern storm here. They run up the coast usually originating in the Caribbean. They are like just real bad rain storms. Of coarse my trip took me to the coast, almost in Virginia. I got hammered with head winds, gusting up to 40 and 45 MPH. There were a few blasts that hit me head on. I was on cruise control, doing 60 and actually watch the boost jump from 6 to 9 psi and the exhaust roar as it was compensating. I drove the length of the state about 80 miles like that, the rest of the trip was cross winds. The moral is I still don't have a good result yet. Sigh

The 6400 did something. . . I didn't hear the mild detonation I was getting when cold. Doesn't feel any stronger but seems to be smoother and quieter.

This whole trip was a bust

7. Top Of Page | #326
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I wouldn't call it a bust. It got the engine out and stretching it's legs with the 6400 in it.

8. Top Of Page | #327

User Info Menu

I wouldn't call it a bust. It got the engine out and stretching it's legs with the 6400 in it.
    That wasn't the issue. Ihave been dying to see what this truck will do with all these mods.

9. Top Of Page | #328
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    That wasn't the issue. Ihave been dying to see what this truck will do with all these mods.
    True, but it's not a good test unless it's running right. Now that you've gotten all the carbon worked out you'll get some accurate results.

10. Top Of Page | #329

User Info Menu

True, but it's not a good test unless it's running right. Now that you've gotten all the carbon worked out you'll get some accurate results.
    Agreed. It's just frustrating. It should be in the mid 20's. Seems like every time I go to try it out, something screws me up. Last time it was miles and miles of traffic jams, and this time it was hurricane conditions hitting me right on the front. Not once did I get any kind of a tail wind. LOL Not to mention I couldn't do much better than 60 the whole day. Just frustrated. At least it was steady. The over head went up to 27.8 when I started north though. The winds were blowing across me then

11. Top Of Page | #330
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

21.5 bucking the wind the entire time is rather impressive (to me at least)

I wasn't saying that. and considering the conditions, yes it is pretty good. After 2years of messing with this thing, I would love to find out what it will do now.

I'm starting to think the 6.7 can deliver more MPG than the 5.9

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast