Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  90
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ArchOil Fuel Additive Not Snake Oil!

1. Top Of Page | #111
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I wanna get a hold of whatever exotic animal they got it from then. Probably a unicorn or somesuch

2. Top Of Page | #112

User Info Menu

Snake Oil

Spenser. . . The guys at 4 Wheel called me to see if they could sell me some Arch oil. I told them you were there already. He remembered some homeless looking guy being there asking for it.

Speaking of losers. . . . In my thread about the injectors sticking, you said pintles. Made sense. I kept saying when I added fuel treatment with cetane, the problem would go away. Well almost. We didn't make the connection then.

I have been shopping for injectors and made a discovery in the process. I thought I would share this with you and the other readers.

In 2003, the fuel still had the sulpher. It wasn't until 5 years later it was taken out. I found out that the 5.9 CR injectors are subject to additional wear because of the lack of the lubrication. This makes sense now. I didn't believe the injectors would fail so soon. Now I know why. Apparently the injectors were not changed in their construction until the 6.7's. The guy told me when the stock injectors are rebuilt, they are replacing the bodies with a harder design from Bosch. He implied the 6.7's aren't going much further than the 5.9's. Kinda tics ya off doesn't it?

So if the Archoil is better lub than the cetane additives, it is a cheap necessity in maintaining your truck. At 3000 for 6 injectors, Archoil is a small price to pay.

On another subject, RE: your test guys, the Ford 6.0 uses the crankcase oil somehow in the injection process. You may want the lab to run the Archoil 9100 in the Ford. It's a friction modifier and apparently solved the 6.0 injector problems.

I'm going to try some 9100 in my rear diff and trans. The Diff is supposed to be done any day now. I'll be doing an oil change next month and will be treating the engine oil. The 9100 is supposed to reduce the friction. Can't hurt!

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #113

User Info Menu

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #114
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Amsoil for rear diff oil and I never looked back

5. Top Of Page | #115

User Info Menu

Valvoline Synthetic and some 9100 and I'll roll easier. LOL

6. Top Of Page | #116
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So who wants to guess my mpg out of this tank of fuel with a dose of 6200 added in?

7. Top Of Page | #117

User Info Menu

I dunno. . .Let's send it to the lab

8. Top Of Page | #118
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Lmao, pretty sure they'll calculate same mileage but I'll throw numbers up incase anyone wants to send em off...
    523.4 miles, filled tank with 27.023 gal. My math is 19.3 mpg

9. Top Of Page | #119

User Info Menu

OK What does that mean? Is that an improvement?

Tell me every improvement you've experienced?

10. Top Of Page | #120
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It finishes out my earlier post sheesh, I'll go back and put it all together for ya grumps LOL

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast