Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  39
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: taking out the factory turbo silencer.

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: taking out the factory turbo silencer.

Whatever. If that's what you want to think

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Are you talking about the silence ring or the VGT assembly? We're talking VGT

You won't have any issues with the silence ring that you can easily see. You're interrupting the air flow now.

I've been doing this stuff for a very long time
    Your talking VGT? But a silencer ring on the inlet side of turbo or was I mistaken? If so then my mistake

Probably working on something

3. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    That mercury reading would be negligible at best though. And rays truck is the only one I've ever seen pull a negative number for boost on the ultra.

Sent from my plastic box that I poke with my thumbs
    I understand but what happens when the air filter gets dirty but someone swears it's clean how do you think that air filter reminder thing by the filter works?

Probably working on something

4. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

taking out the factory turbo silencer.

Ok so I would put a turbo on the flow bench to find out the answer to this question but I can't fit my truck in the room with the flow bench and I also don't have a turbo that I'm willing to destroy by spinning it with no oil supply

Side note the flow bench only flows the housing itself ...if you take a tube or piece of pipe the air flowing through it is at the highest velocity in the middle of its path the air towards the outside moves much slower

05 Ram 5.9 Cummins Sundown Audio Old School PPI

5. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Sorry fellas but Im unfollowing this topic per instructions let me know how everything works out

6. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

I wanted to share this in regards to our discussion. This is what the compressor inlet looks like with the ring removed. It looks like every other turbo that I've seen. Can anyone point out any differences that may be relevant to this topic? Fast forward to 1:45.

@TX NIGHT TRAIN, how did you manage to pull the compressor housing off? I got everything off of mine today to get a first hand look at the whole 9 yards, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to reach the clamp that holds the housing on.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

I was able to get a small ratchet wrench on the clamp. Can't remember the size. I did not drill the pins either. I knocked it out. I knew if I screwed up I'd be finding a new housing either way. My clamp was clocked almost were I couldn't get to it. It was top side facing the block if I can remember right

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

9. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    I was able to get a small ratchet wrench on the clamp. Can't remember the size. I did not drill the pins either. I knocked it out. I knew if I screwed up I'd be finding a new housing either way. My clamp was clocked almost were I couldn't get to it. It was top side facing the block if I can remember right
    Yea that's exactly where mine is as well. My box ends don't fit in there. I need a super deep well socket LOL

Sent from my plastic box that I poke with my thumbs

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

11. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345