Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having a little fun in or 68RFE conversion truck

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

Having a little fun in or 68RFE conversion truck

This trucks speedo is 10 mph to the slow side we are just out having a little fun. mods are: Custom MCC, s475, traction bars, and deleted. We are attempting to push the stock 68RFE to the absolute limits then... destroy it

2. Likes Polaraco liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Very nice!!!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

No OD tune?

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

yes it is a OD Tune

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

She moves out very well! It hardly sounds like the engine is even working. Is that a stock transmission?

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Has anyone shoved a 68 behind a 5.9 yet? I was wondering if there is a controller available to do that

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Has anyone shoved a 68 behind a 5.9 yet? I was wondering if there is a controller available to do that
    That double overdrive would be nice in a 5.9. But your right that one would need a stand alone controller. Hopefully someone is working on that project to bring it to market.

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

It would be interesting. Having a more robust trans under you would be exciting. . . .

As far as I know, it would be a complete bolt in with maybe a modified trans mounting. It's the electrics that could be a problem.

There is a way to make the 45, 46 shift without a controller. The 48 has a different governor. I would have to study the 68.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yes it is stock for now. The goal is test the limits of the stock trans destroy it and put in a built one. Steve the electronics of the 68 are far more advanced than the old electronically controlled trans. I spent the better part of a month to jump bus power into the wiring harness to get the trans to work with factory pcm. No success I will make a full thread on it soon with wiring diagrams.

11. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

What about going from the ECM to the trans controller. Maybe an interface is needed between them. CAN would use a different language, so pre-2006 is where it would have to be concentrated. It is probably still an analog to the trans PCM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast