Thanks Thanks:  50
Likes Likes:  89
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MM3 Install - RAM 2500 With Soot Reduction?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Install - RAM 2500 With Soot Reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by TRAUMWEBER View Post
    All went well, and she fired off and purred after a long and gut-wrenching 14-second crank to get fuel back in the rail and lines.

It seems the steering wheel vibrates at idle a little more; hopefully, it just makes the tune more like a hum.

I definitelyy need to get that 30" FTE resonator in there the next chance I have.

Hopefully, that will get the sound down closer to stock.

The HP ratings aren't listed on the names of the tunes.

It's just TOW, STREET (I forgot the last two - race and something else).

There is no plan to use those last two.

Is the "Street" the 90hp and "Tow" a 30hp?

Also, it lists the "STOCK" tune.

Can I run this, and it will ignore missing hard parts?

Or should I stay away from it?
    Ignore the generic labels pre-populated on the MM3 (Stock, Street, Tow, etc.)

Use keypad "0" for 30HP towing.

“1” for 60HP and “2” for 90HP.

I would not recommend going any higher than "3" 120 HP with your current configuration.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, TRAUMWEBER thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

That is precisely what I needed to know; thanks again!

Is it possible to leave the cat or even the whole DPF system running these tunes? (it's off now - straight piped).

The noise and smell caught me off guard. I expected the noise and have a resonator to throw in it next time I get some days off.

You could always throw a muffler behind that if you are unsatisfied, but none of this will keep the fumes out of the cabin.

Several buddies with 5.9s and 6.7s have no DPF or emissions, but they are far more bearable.

I did a CCV delete with the little filter under the hood.

That could be the culprit.

We may backstock on that or at least put a catch can inline on the OEM setup.

It's probably the best bet so I can get some negative pressure on the CCV filter and crankcase.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

That is precisely what I needed to know; thanks again!

Is it possible to leave the cat or even the whole DPF system running these tunes? (it's off now - straight piped).

The noise and smell caught me off guard. I expected the noise and have a resonator to throw in it next time I get some days off.

You could always throw a muffler behind that if you are unsatisfied, but none of this will keep the fumes out of the cabin.

Several buddies with 5.9s and 6.7s have no DPF or emissions, but they are far more bearable.

I did a CCV delete with the little filter under the hood.

That could be the culprit.

We may backstock on that or at least put a catch can inline on the OEM setup.

It's probably the best bet so I can get some negative pressure on the CCV filter and crankcase.
    Adding the factory muffler/resonator back will significantly improve the noise level in the cab.

The rest of the exhaust components must be removed while running the MM3 tunes.

The factory exhaust will clog eventually.

If all the joints are adequately sealed, you should not get any smells off the cab from straight pipe exhaust, so double-check all your fittings and seals.

If I had to guess, it's the CCV delete coupled with the likelihood you are running defrost now that the temperatures are dropping.

There is minimal gain to the CCV delete as long as you change the filter regularly at around 30-40k; most on here will agree that the factory-recommended 67k is way too long.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Adding the factory muffler/resonator back will significantly improve the noise level in the cab.

The rest of the exhaust components must be removed while running the MM3 tunes.

The factory exhaust will clog eventually.

If all the joints are adequately sealed, you should not get any smells off the cab from straight pipe exhaust, so double-check all your fittings and seals.

If I had to guess, it's the CCV delete coupled with the likelihood you are running defrost now that the temperatures are dropping.

There is minimal gain to the CCV delete as long as you change the filter regularly at around 30-40k; most on here will agree that the factory-recommended 67k is way too long.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
    I'm pretty sure CCV is the culprit.

You're right; gains are minimal.

I'll probably go back to stock with that for sure.

I do like the idea of maintaining the negative pressure on the system.

I may throw an oil catch can in instead.

Thanks!

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

My tire height is 34.5.

I saw the ability to change tire height in the MM3, so I corrected it to 34.5", thinking it may better calibrate my speedometer.

Shortly afterward, when driving, the ABS light came on, and I noticed my speedo didn't work and just sat on zero.

I also got a red lightning bolt venturi-looking symbol with some throttle service message that I didn't have time to read while driving.

I may try re-uploading the tune again.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

My tire height is 34.5.

I saw the ability to change tire height in the MM3, so I corrected it to 34.5", thinking it may better calibrate my speedometer.

Shortly afterward, when driving, the ABS light came on, and I noticed my speedo didn't work and just sat on zero.

I also got a red lightning bolt venturi-looking symbol with some throttle service message that I didn't have time to read while driving.

I may try re-uploading the tune again.
    When changing tire size, enter it in a four-digit format.

Enter 34.50, and all should be good.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    When changing tire size, enter it in a four-digit format.

Enter 34.50, and all should be good.
    That one zero did it!

Everything cleared up.

No more Christmas tree lights all over my dash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12