Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  24

Thread: What Is The Best Upgrades For Better Fuel Mileage?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Re: What Is The Best Upgrades For Better Fuel Mileage?

Unfortunately for you, you have the worst setup for mpg's

My dually never saw above 17.

Mine was a CC/HO, the extra wind resistance from the drw humps and the HO plus 4,10's and all the weight in the bed you're carrying; you should be happy with 17.

The thing is, it tows like a freight train.

Thats what you get a truck with that build for.

The only thing i can think of that will increase your MPG is taller tires 34 or 35's on that setup will net you a .5 to 1 mpg increase.

it will also effectively lower your gear ratio to around 3.92, removing some of your towing grunts.

i did 33's on my drw picked up maybe a .5 mpg.

I dropped to an SRW mc/so and can get 16.5 towing 8k at 75 mph.

I have 3.73s, tho.

Last edited by IndyRamMega; 12-02-2023 at 12:20 PM.
    21 2500 6.7 4x4 MC....Thuren Coils - Thuren Front & Rear TB's-Thuren FSB- Fox 2.0 Shocks - Amsoil Bypass - Fleece Coolant Bypass - S&B Intake - Banks Diff Cover - Ram Horn and Grid Heater Delete - BMP Fuel Filter Conversion - ARP 625's - Wagler Cam/Solid Lifter Conversion - Hardened Valve Seats - Billet Freeze Plugs - Manton Pushrods - DRD Tuned - Fuel 18 x 9 +1 Beast Wheels - Nitto Recon Graps - Power Stop Z36 Brakes - KLM Braided Brake Lines - Revmax Zero Flex VB and Deep Pan - ATS TB Delete - Baja Designs Fog Lights - Airlift 7500 Bags - Daystar Cradles - Dynatrac Ball Joints - Synergy DL/TR - 4.10's -