Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  25

Thread: Built 68RFE Trans Recommendations?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Built 68RFE Trans Recommendations?

I am looking at getting my 68RFE rebuilt with upgraded parts or getting a replacement transmission.

I drive a 2013 RAM 2500-bought truck with 60k on it; I am an older man, one owner.

I tuned in 4 days after I got it, and it now has 96k on it now.

Should I get it rebuilt or do a replacement?

Looking for a 500+ hp rebuild

2. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Built 68RFE Trans Recommendations?

I am sure other 68RFE owners will advise based on their experience.

I know Revmax is highly recommended.

https://revmaxconverters.com/

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks Mrcito, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I would undoubtedly go with Revmax for a trans.

So, you have 36k on the trans with added power?

To put in reference, I had studs and my performance parts in my sig.

I was in the 200hp tune with the primary line pressure on the transmission going up a slight grade, shifted a gear "mildly," and snapped the input shaft inside the converter.

The 68s are suitable for a stock application; however, with any added power, you'll pay for it sooner than you think.

If you have a desire to add power down the road, go with their heavier transmission that's capable of handling said power goals.

The most significant things to improve are a BILLET input shaft, triple disc converter, modified or aftermarket clutch drum, and a well-known Valve body "which can take higher line pressure."

Revmax is your one-stop shop.

If you're seeking a change, check out Super Stick transmissions.

I think Cody, the "Owner," is located in Texas.

They build all the parts for the swap, and it is cheaper overall to do the conversion.

They specifically design the gear ratios in the manual trans to work perfectly with bigger tires, so you don't need to regear the front and rear axles.

(512) 844-5747 is their contact information.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

6. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Where are you located?

I would go with a reputable local builder if possible.

Should you have any issues, I found it much easier to deal with someone in person.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Revmax!

21 2500 6.7 4x4 MC....Thuren Coils - Thuren Front & Rear TB's-Thuren FSB- Fox 2.0 Shocks - Amsoil Bypass - Fleece Coolant Bypass - S&B Intake - Banks Diff Cover - Ram Horn and Grid Heater Delete - BMP Fuel Filter Conversion - ARP 625's - Wagler Cam/Solid Lifter Conversion - Hardened Valve Seats - Billet Freeze Plugs - Manton Pushrods - DRD Tuned - Fuel 18 x 9 +1 Beast Wheels - Nitto Recon Graps - Power Stop Z36 Brakes - KLM Braided Brake Lines - Revmax Zero Flex VB and Deep Pan - ATS TB Delete - Baja Designs Fog Lights - Airlift 7500 Bags - Daystar Cradles - Dynatrac Ball Joints - Synergy DL/TR - 4.10's -

10. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post