Likes Likes:  144

Thread: CEL With A Mess Of Codes?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Re: CEL With A Mess Of Codes?

Quote Originally Posted by ddsneversummer View Post
    I am not sure how I missed these messages, so I apologize for the late replies

I will check/replace that tonight, thank you!

I did try to check the harness side of the IB sensor and wasn't seeing voltage, but it was tough getting in there.

I'll verify the fuse, though, and hopefully check for continuity between the BCM and IB sensor as well.

Interesting. I will check this out as well.

I am finishing my Glacier Diesel install tonight (new intake plenum and MegaFlo TVM Heater).

I've been checking the cable to ensure that bolt doesn't drop, but this is way less hassle.

If my grid heater relay were stuck, would I still have the grid heater rpm changes when it first started?

And if I were to remove/disconnect the relay, I assume I would lose the grid heater.

I'll probably replace the relay just to be done with it.
    If your grid heater relay is stuck closed, you will have a continuous 240 Amp draw.

The easiest way to check for this is to clamp a DC current clamp around the wire going to the grid heater.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DTDCG7T...G7DGV2B_1&th=1

Last edited by AK Bob; 02-15-2024 at 05:48 PM.
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post