Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  85
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM3 EGT Probe Issue?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 EGT Probe Issue?

I've got my EGT reading on my MM3, and in the last week or so, it now has a blue square with "NA" showing in that data field with no temperature reading.

I reached out to MM3, and they were accommodating and mailed me a new EGT harness that I installed yesterday, and I have the same result.

I've got an email into MM3, and I'm sure they'll reply tomorrow when they open, but I get impatient sometimes, haha.

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie, CC SB, Thuren leveling kit, Toyo AT3 37/12.5x18s, Method NV HDs, 4.10 AAM gears, Airlift bags/compressor

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 EGT Probe Issue?

Where the EGT probe connects to the com box, verify the pins are not bent, and that connections are firm with minimal slop.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

4. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TWN495 View Post
    So in light of the DRD issues happening (unbelievable) I thought I'd post my question here. I'm sure Ray is busy enough and I didn't want to bug him.

I've got my EGT reading on my MM3 and in the last week or so it now has a blue square with "NA" showing in that data field with no temperature reading. I reached out to MM3, they were very helpful, and mailed me out a new EGT harness that I installed yesterday and I have the same result.

I've got an email in to MM3 and I'm sure they'll reply tomorrow when they open, but I get impatient sometimes haha. I am also starting to worry what kind of product support I may actually get if DRD's hands are tied, I live in CA, etc.
    If you have a multimeter you could also check the DC milivolt output from the thermal couple wires to see if the probe or wire are open, grounded or shorted.

See chart attached for K type thermal couple degrees F to mV.

Example at 70F you should read around 0.840mV DC.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks Corkey, bigsnowman, Skywrench thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

That’s a great idea.

So there’s a red and a yellow wire.

How would one hook a multi-meter to those wires to get a reading?

I am asking for a friend, haha.

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie, CC SB, Thuren leveling kit, Toyo AT3 37/12.5x18s, Method NV HDs, 4.10 AAM gears, Airlift bags/compressor

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Disregard.

I did a quick Google search, and I answered my question.

Thanks again for the help; I’ll report with my findings.

10. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Disregard.

I did a quick Google search, and I answered my question.

Thanks again for the help; I’ll report with my findings.
    Sounds good. Positive = Yellow, and Negative = Red.

See the attached information on the K-type probe.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

I've got my EGT reading on my MM3, and in the last week or so, it now has a blue square with "NA" showing in that data field with no temperature reading.

I reached out to MM3, and they were accommodating and mailed me a new EGT harness that I installed yesterday, and I have the same result.

I've got an email into MM3, and I'm sure they'll reply tomorrow when they open, but I get impatient sometimes, haha.
    Ever figure out the problem?

I have the same issue, and it's a relatively new install.

Thanks!

14. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Yeah, buddy, I talked directly with MM3 folks and said that the EGT probe parts are the only ones they outsource, and they’ve been having problems with them.

They were accommodating.

They sent me a replacement probe and an entirely new probe and harness, which fixed the problem.

I called them; I believe the gentleman I spoke to was Dirk.

Good luck!

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yeah, buddy, I talked directly with MM3 folks and said that the EGT probe parts are the only ones they outsource, and they’ve been having problems with them.

They were accommodating.

They sent me a replacement probe and an entirely new probe and harness, which fixed the problem.

Good luck!
    Dirk is the man!

Thanks for the update on this.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Yeah, buddy, I talked directly with MM3 folks and said that the EGT probe parts are the only ones they outsource, and they've been having problems with them.

They were accommodating.

Good luck!
    I'm having the same issue.

Can you provide me the phone number?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast