Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  27

Thread: MM3 Noob Question(s)

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Noob Question(s)

A few months back I got the MM3 with engine/tcm tunes. Just got around to installing it the other day for a variety of reasons .. .Got the error message on install due to the fact there was previous tunes installed. I got the stock recovery file from MM3.

1) is there any way to save whatever tuning I have in there now before proceeding?

2) is the tuning saved in the vehicles modules once installed, like if somebody tore out the mm3?

3) I have a five position rotary switch mounted in the dash from the previous setup. What does it take to use that to change the tunes level on the MM3? I have the full package so there's different power levels available and it would be nice to be able to turn the knob as opposed to strolling through the display.

Thanks for your input!

Last edited by Headwrench; 10-20-2023 at 12:03 PM. Reason: To add context

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Noob Question(s)

Welcome

I am an MM3 noob too.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I guess all this comes more intuitively to the younger generation, LOL.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Headwrench View Post
    A few months back I got the MM3 with engine/tcm tunes. Just got around to installing it the other day for a variety of reasons .. .Got the error message on install due to the fact there was previous tunes installed. I got the stock recovery file from MM3.

1) is there any way to save whatever tuning I have in there now before proceeding?

2) is the tuning saved in the vehicles modules once installed, like if somebody tore out the mm3?

3) I have a five position rotary switch mounted in the dash from the previous setup. What does it take to use that to change the tunes level on the MM3? I have the full package so there's different power levels available and it would be nice to be able to turn the knob as opposed to strolling through the display.

Thanks for your input!
    1) No
    2) The tuning is saved to the engine computer(PCM)
    3) You can use your CSP5 to switch your tunes.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

7. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Where can I get the hardware for the rotary switch?

Is it a cable from the switch to the MM3 black box?

9. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Headwrench View Post
    Where can I get the hardware for the rotary switch?

Is it a cable from switch to MM3 black box?
    https://www.fishtuning.com/NEWCSP5

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.