Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: Give Me A Brake!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Give Me A Brake!

Over a month ago, I had a caliper seize up on me.

I replaced that one with the other side, pads, rotors, and the small sections of brake lines on the front.

This is the 2nd set of calipers i have put on the front end of this truck in under 50k miles!

Yesterday, while backing up, I heard another caliper sticking.

I'm hoping it's the rears.

I don't tow heavy, i rarely drive city, and my commutes to work and back are short (5 miles one way).

Could this be why they are going so quickly on me?

Has anyone else had this many issues with calipers on these things?

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Give Me A Brake!

You might have a line collapsing on you.

If you haven't done that, I'd replace all the lines with braided and thoroughly flush the fluid.

Also, where are you getting your rebuilt calipers?

21 2500 6.7 4x4 MC....Thuren Coils - Thuren Front & Rear TB's-Thuren FSB- Fox 2.0 Shocks - Amsoil Bypass - Fleece Coolant Bypass - S&B Intake - Banks Diff Cover - Ram Horn and Grid Heater Delete - BMP Fuel Filter Conversion - ARP 625's - Wagler Cam/Solid Lifter Conversion - Hardened Valve Seats - Billet Freeze Plugs - Manton Pushrods - DRD Tuned - Fuel 18 x 9 +1 Beast Wheels - Nitto Recon Graps - Power Stop Z36 Brakes - KLM Braided Brake Lines - Revmax Zero Flex VB and Deep Pan - ATS TB Delete - Baja Designs Fog Lights - Airlift 7500 Bags - Daystar Cradles - Dynatrac Ball Joints - Synergy DL/TR - 4.10's -

4. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I haven’t had any issues (knock on wood).

I have, though, seen many people drive with one foot on the gas and the other on the brake without even realizing they are doing it.

Even though it barely rests on the brake, it’s enough to apply pressure to the rotors, quickly wearing out the pads, calipers, and rotors.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRamMega View Post
    I haven’t had any issues (knock on wood).

I have, though, seen many people drive with one foot on the gas and the other on the brake without even realizing they are doing it.

Even though it barely rests on the brake, it’s enough to apply pressure to the rotors, quickly wearing out the pads, calipers, and rotors.
    I am buying new from Napa.

Should I be buying oem from the dealer?

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have replaced several calipers on my 3/4 and 1-ton trucks with ones from Napa, and I have had no issues with them.

Mine all went initially beeny in the 100k to 125k miles.

You should also check the brake line and thoroughly flush the fluid.

10. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post