Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Paint stack vs. powder coating??

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Paint stack vs. powder coating??

Hey Yalll! Quick question. I really want to change the look of my chrome stack to a metallic purple. I also am wanting to paint my turbo, valve covers, and trac bars. Would my best option be power coating. Has anyone also done this and did it hold up to the egts? I know you can but high temp rattle can paint up to 1500 degrees. But poor color selection. Also heard about hydrodipping but also not certain it would hold up to the heat. What is yalls experience and or opinions?? Thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

You have to see what the temp ratings are on powder. If it were me, the powder would be preferred

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Stick with the powercoating, the hydro dipping is only good up to the 200 range