Thanks Thanks:  40
Likes Likes:  107
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Level Kit With No New Track Bar?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Front Level Kit With No New Track Bar?

After looking at some videos by Carli and Thuren, I think aborting the install of the BDS 2-inch level riser kit (pucks) and going for the Thuren 2" coils with my new longer 5100 Bilsteins AND the Thuren track bar makes a great deal of sense.

I saw the diff on a test ride Carli did with the Leveler pucks and then the coils; it appears the coil change-out offers a softer/ better dampening ride solution.

I only need the coils, my new shocks, and a T-Bar from Thuren.

I'm still running the stock tires, so I can't imagine needing a steering dampener(?) or a torsion stabilizer bar (nice to have, not a must-have.)

Maybe when I burn up the Trashforces and the Toyo AT3 285s or Michelins ATXs, I have an email to Tech support at Thuren to see if all I need is the 2-inch Coils/Bilsteins/Track Bar to get this done correctly.

I measured the rear from center axle to fender upper edge, 2-1/4 inch diff front low to back high (Back higher due to 5 lbs in the AL 5000 airbags).

Their listed 2-inch lift coils should be on the money.

If I missed something in my build thinking, let me know your thoughts, and I will wait for Thuren to respond.

2. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Careful down the rabbit hole; there's always bigger and better, but I am glad to hear you reconsider the coils.

Don or whoever you end up with at Thuren will tell you the coils won't be tuned for the shocks.

If you get on the phone with those guys, be ready; they know their stuff, and it becomes hard to settle for less afterward.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

4. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Talking with Andrew today, he did not mention the shocks would not be tuned.

However, he said they do not have enough travel for their coils, which are 3 inches too short.

I have to use a longer stroke Bilstein mated to their coil.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Now I wonder if we have a Thuren forum vendor that offers better pricing on the kit than Thuren direct, or maybe it doesn't matter.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ofishl1 View Post
    Now I wonder if we have a Thuren forum vendor that offers better pricing on the kit than Thuren direct, or maybe it doesn't matter.
    Let’s ask @DDP as they cary Thuren.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks Ofishl1, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

FYI, Thuren did say the Trackbar was not necessary going with BDS pucks.

However, now changing to their coils, he did recommend the TBar for adjustability, so I will add that to the kit with new shocks to fit their coils.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Don Thuren and Chris were always super helpful when I did my suspension setup (2" front coils, Fox 2.0 front and rear shocks, rear track bar, King steering stabilizer, and Thuren front track bar), and I always used their alignment specs as well as Don recommends

Super knowledgeable about the suspension geometry and settings on these trucks and, like I say, 'do it right or do it twice.

14. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Yes, RickyBobby, I have been down the "do over l road" when I was young and money was scarce.

I plan to push the Thuren alignment specs in front of my old Texas Service manager.

He has been my go-to guy for eight years on 3 Rams and "gets it done."

I also plan to do the rear Track bar soon, and I hear it improves the tow experience.

I did not change the rear OE shocks and assumed they would be HD for towing(?)

RickyBobby will you be towing with the FOX rears or were they more for comfort /ride?

Last edited by Ofishl1; 09-22-2023 at 11:31 PM. Reason: thought intent

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I finally got the front-end Thuren kit on; it improved handling.

Happy with the kit.

The truck sits nicely, too.

Attached Images Attached Images

18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ofishl1 View Post
    I finally got the front-end Thuren kit on; it improved handling.

Happy with the kit.

The truck sits nicely, too.
    Nice!!

I want to get mine done, also.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast