Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: CTS3 vs. MM3 Tuner?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

CTS3 vs. MM3 Tuner?

This all started because I am getting a RevMax 850 series 68RFE unit- they require TCM tuning.

I have a CTS3, which I use just for the gauges.

I bought the truck deleted and tuned; I think the tuning is break-out tuning with a CSP5 pass-through (read this off the selling dude's receipt), along with/ a five-position switch on the dash.

The BD torque master tranny took a dump at 35K miles the dude had installed, twisted up the Chineseium input shaft, and broke the stator off the pump.

BD uses a flaky inline pressure increaser electronic deal between the pressure sensor and MAP sensor that I am removing.

Dudes, receipts for tranny install said they flushed tranny tunes because BD said to.

I am removing that BD wiring chunk.

So, I have no idea what engine tuning is in place, but the motor is modded relatively extensively.

1) Can I save whatever tune is in place if I go with MM3 and Double R's tunes?
    2) Can I read trans temp and line pressure on an MM3?
    3) Will my existing CTS3 pyro probe work on the MM3?

2008 RAM 3500 4X4 6.7

2. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: CTS3 vs. MM3 Tuner?

I have moved your thread behind closed doors to allow myself and others to answer your questions better away from the general public’s view.

1) The DRD custom tuning will replace your current tuning and includes transmission tuning.

You will not be able to save any of your current tunes.

2) The MM3 will allow you to read the temperature and line pressure on your 68RFE transmission before and after tuning.

68RFE owners, please confirm.

3) Not familiar with the CTS3 pyro probe, but if it meets the attached specifications, it will work with the MM3.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: CTS3 vs. MM3 Tuner?

When I switched from EFI to the MM3, I needed the MM3 probe kit for the MM3.

The EFI or Edge products use the EAS connections; the MM3 differs.

My 08 has the PID for the current gear and Torque converter lock up, but mine only shows 0 for neutral and 6 when in Drive.

For my specific year, I recall being told I have to monitor temps on the dash and or a pod gauge, " I could have interpreted that incorrectly."

I would personally switch to the MM3 for your sake and the motor.

You get the best tuning for a 6.7L Cummins and the best business customer support from MM3 Power if any technical problems occur.

Year gen 6.7L has a different PID and can do a few things; some can't.

For example, I can look at Injector balances 1-6; some newer models can't.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

6. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: CTS3 vs. MM3

The CTS3 probe connector is different than what the MMC uses so it won't work with the MM3.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post