Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  278
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 14 RAM 2500 - ABS/Traction Control Activating?

1. Top Of Page | #81

User Info Menu

Re: 14 RAM 2500 - ABS/Traction Control Activating?

This is the upper axle nut now. It's a bit too loose to be snug and a bit too tight to fall off.

But the bolt spins in place, even with prying with an impact screwdriver in the middle, still no movement for the bolt.

Does it need to be cut right through the middle of the joint when I have the new part?

Hoping there's a trick for this to get it off.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #82

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    This is the upper axle nut now. It's a bit too loose to be snug and a bit too tight to fall off.

But the bolt spins in place, even with prying with an impact screwdriver in the middle, still no movement for the bolt.

Does it need to be cut right through the middle of the joint when I have the new part?

Hoping there's a trick for this to get it off.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...357bf72b0e.jpg

You could install the correct nut for the bolt and try to tighten the bolt using the remaining threads.

If you can still not tighten the clamp to the shaft this way, I would cut off the head of the bolt and pry the bracket apart to remove it from the shaft.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Top Of Page | #83

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    You could install the correct nut for the bolt and try to tighten the bolt using the remaining threads.

If you can still not tighten the clamp to the shaft this way, I would cut off the head of the bolt and pry the bracket apart to remove it from the shaft.
    Again, you came through with the most logical answer that I didn't even think of.

Just tighten it from the other side. Let me know when you come to Texas, and I'll make you a brisket.

Fortunately, I just bought several replacement bolts from the dealership to have on hand, which by the way, came with a chunk of Loctite on each one already, so whenever I get the time, I will just replace the old bolt with the new ones.

Still, in the meantime, I will use the new bolt to measure out a replacement nut.

5. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #84

User Info Menu

Yep, @AK_Bob saves the day.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

Thank you for your common sense thinking which I have seemingly been lacking for a good portion of this process.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #85

User Info Menu

Yep, @AK_Bob saves the day.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

Thank you for your common sense thinking which I have seemingly been lacking for a good portion of this process.

[/URL]

Excellent job; pleased I could help.

So no more ABS issues with the fuse back in place, correct?

You still have the steering wheel controls not working and the airbag code.

I think the clock spring is next.

Did you figure out the correct part number?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #86

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Excellent job; pleased I could help.

So no more ABS issues with the fuse back in place, correct?

You still have the steering wheel controls not working and the airbag code.

I think the clock spring is next.

Did you figure out the correct part number?
    68528301AA with the dealership gave me.

They confirmed there was only one clock spring; for some reason, there were two parts for my VIN, but the dealership gave me the one above, one of the two options on the website.

At this point, Bob, I'm just waiting for you to tell me to connect wires 1 and 7 with a paper clip and then solder pins 4, 9, and 12, and that will fix the clock spring problem.

But in all seriousness, yes that is the only outstanding issue that I presently have is the clock spring which presumably happened when the steering wheel was spinning or free turning or at one point I was turning the steering wheel to try and properly align the steering axle so I could get a better angle on the gearbox so I'm sure that I did some degree of damage to the spring and it's entirely my fault.

11. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #87

User Info Menu

68528301AA with the dealership gave me.

They confirmed there was only one clock spring; for some reason, there were two parts for my VIN, but the dealership gave me the one above, one of the two options on the website.

At this point, Bob, I'm just waiting for you to tell me to connect wires 1 and 7 with a paper clip and then solder pins 4, 9, and 12, and that will fix the clock spring problem.

But in all seriousness, yes that is the only outstanding issue that I presently have is the clock spring which presumably happened when the steering wheel was spinning or free turning or at one point I was turning the steering wheel to try and properly align the steering axle so I could get a better angle on the gearbox so I'm sure that I did some degree of damage to the spring and it's entirely my fault.

LOL

Attached is a video that should be helpful when you go to install the new clock spring.

13. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, jgruberman thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #88

User Info Menu

Any luck?

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4, CP3,Banks Monster Ram, Banks Boost Tubes, Banks InterCooler, S&B Intake, 6 inch suspension lift, 37x12.50x20r wheels/tires. 12k winch with front and rear bumpers.CB and GMRS radios, Bed tool box, RaceMe Ultra tuner, Flo-Pro 5" Exhaust.

Gold Star family(my brother Adam Patton) and I am a OIF/OEF Army Vet.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789