Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get warmer heat?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

How to get warmer heat?

Seeing if there's any tricks to getting warmer heat without replacing the heater core. I did just replace my therostat with a brand new 190* from napa and a gasket. It's been between 7-18 degrees F outside. And when I'm driving it'll go from 190 down to 150 and back up depending on when I give it throttle. I would just like some warmer air. It's warm enough to defrost the window. But I still gotta wear jackets.

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

CARD BOARD in front of the rad

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Already did that. Should I put more?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I put a single piece in front of the intercooler

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

cover the whole thing

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Like trans cooler and the fog light inlets too?

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Nooooo
    Just cover the whole rad, intercooler. They need some air. Just go below the bumper and full width.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

So cover the rad. And the intercooler. Two separate pieces? Can these cores be flushed?

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Sure they can. But be careful if they are old. Holding the heater hoses while running will tell you if you're betting heat to the cab core. Diesels don't usually clog up that much though.

If both hoses are hot to the touch and about the same in temp, then the core is open.

You picked a hello a time to be messin with the heat. 4 more weeks you won't be worrying about it. Funny how heaters are like wiper blades. You don't think of it until you need them. LOL

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

True LOL. I'd just like to be a tdi bit warmer. Should I use a seperate piece for the intercooler and then another behind it for the rad?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast