Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to get warmer heat?

1. Top Of Page | #31
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Before you do all that, squirt some Dawn Dish Detergent in the Rad and run it for a while. It breaks the scale and sludge loose and keeps it suspended until you drain and flush. The Antifreeze takes care of any foaming
    I've had great success with a small box of cascade dishwasher powder too. every time i go to flush the system i'll add a small box and run it for about a couple days then do a good flush with a hose, havent had any issues with cooling systems in any of the trucks i've done that to

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

And here I was waiting to be laughed at! LOL

Years ago we used Draino. It was a powder and you didn't put allot in it. It's high in cuatics, like Lye. That's what they use when they boil rads and engines.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #33
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

LOL, i still use alot of the "old timer" tricks my dad and grandad used to use. if it works, then why change it? granted, the old ATF in the fuel filter at change interval i've stopped since this new crap is way too different than what it used to be.

4. Top Of Page | #34
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

When I worked at cummins we used cascaid it's what ever works LOL

5. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

same ol

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234