Thanks Thanks:  133
Likes Likes:  253
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 68RFE Trans CEL - Stuck In 1-4th Gear!

1. Top Of Page | #61

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Trans CEL - Stuck In 1-4th Gear!

Quote Originally Posted by DRD View Post
    No.

Again, it depends on the load.

Stock tuning commands UP TO 250 psi in reverse.

This does not mean it will always reach 250 psi in reverse.

Spikes during shifts will cause high recorded readings in forward gears, which is normal.

Friend, your tuning is good.

God bless,
    Ray
    DRD
    So, can I get a revision on tuning if we find a way to data log the trans?

That is my ultimate goal.

I can spend $1,750 plus a $250 add-on with a new tuner to review logs to get a perfect tune for my specific setup, but I have spent almost $2,300 so far with you all and asked to send logs, but you say there is no need.

I'm just trying to find a platform and tune with more support to get the truck running right.

I have had five cars tuned, but this is my first truck.

With each of those five sports cars, I was asked to send logs to get the canned tuned dialed in.

So that's what I am used to, and since my truck has not been working post-tuning, I have felt lost and buried in writing check after check.

It's OK either way because, like I said, it's on me for not to ask pre-purchase questions.

I just expected one thing from past tuning experiences but got another, which is fine!

Long story short I, I will follow their advice and switch tuners and platforms to get a more customized tune for my needs.

Hopefully, this truck is not a lemon!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #62

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rbl View Post
    So, can I get a revision on tuning if we find a way to data log the trans?

That is my ultimate goal.

I can spend $1,750 plus a $250 add-on with a new tuner to review logs to get a perfect tune for my specific setup, but I have spent almost $2,300 so far with you all and asked to send logs, but you say there is no need.

I'm just trying to find a platform and tune with more support to get the truck running right.

I have had five cars tuned, but this is my first truck.

With each of those five sports cars, I was asked to send logs to get the canned tuned dialed in.

So that's what I am used to, and since my truck has not been working post-tuning, I have felt lost and buried in writing check after check.

It's OK either way because, like I said, it's on me for not to ask pre-purchase questions.

I just expected one thing from past tuning experiences but got another, which is fine!

Long story short I, I will follow their advice and switch tuners and platforms to get a more customized tune for my needs.

Hopefully, this truck is not a lemon!
    Everyone on here has given you sound advice, friend.

Best of luck with your tuning decisions, and please keep us updated with your results.

Hopefully, your truck is not a lemon.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #63

User Info Menu

Best of luck to the OP.

I genuinely hope it works in his favor.

However, I'm just going to state the facts: he will never be able to communicate with the person doing the actual tuning via the Ez Lynk platform.

God bless,
    Ray
    DRD

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Top Of Page | #64

User Info Menu

Luckily, they have phone support, so I have had a chance to speak with them a few times.

Fingers cross, this damn thing will work.

Otherwise, she is gone, that’s for sure LOL.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #65

User Info Menu

Reporting back that the saga has come to an end. Have about 2,800 miles on the new tuning so far and no CELs, bouncy rev when shifting and she is running great!

Hoping to get 2 more years and 100k miles out of this truck and trans then onto the next one! Ps my MM3 is still up for sale if anyone wants one.

9. Likes AK Bob liked this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567