Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  65
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAM Truck Water Leak?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RAM Truck Water Leak?

We have had a lot of rain lately, and I noticed some condensation in my cab lights.

Then I noticed a watermark on the headliner from front to back.

My son works part-time at an interior shop and thinks it's the sunroof.

He says there are drain tubes that can get stopped up and cause this.

Any thoughts or experiences with this?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

2017 Laramie Longhorn 2500 Mega Cab
    2003 SLT with a Smarty Tuner, Sinister Intake elbow, S&B Cold air intake
    2008 Harley Davidson Custom Built Electraglide
    2017 Jeep Rubicon 35 12.50 20 on Fuel Wheels, Locking front and rear diffs, disconnecting sway bar, 4 door hard top

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

RAM Truck Water Leak?

He is correct about the sunroof; the third brake light is notorious for leaking.

Check the screws holding the cab lights on.

They may need to be snugged a little.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks Outdoornut, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Outdoornut, AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

RAM Truck Water Leak?

I checked the cab lights.

I have a new set of OEMs to replace them all.

I will put a bead of silicone around the hole before I mount new lights.

I figure I will take it to the RAM dealership.

I have a warranty that no matter how much the bill is, I pay $100.

Get a new headliner and all.

I took my 2012 Longhorn there for a bearing; they replaced everything in front.

$6,600.00, I think.

The warranty company sent an inspector to verify.

He approved; it cost me $100.

2017 Laramie Longhorn 2500 Mega Cab
    2003 SLT with a Smarty Tuner, Sinister Intake elbow, S&B Cold air intake
    2008 Harley Davidson Custom Built Electraglide
    2017 Jeep Rubicon 35 12.50 20 on Fuel Wheels, Locking front and rear diffs, disconnecting sway bar, 4 door hard top

6. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

RAM Truck Water Leak?

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoornut View Post
    I checked the cab lights.

I have a new set of OEMs to replace them all.

I will put a bead of silicone around the hole before I mount new lights.

I figure I will take it to the RAM dealership.

I have a warranty that no matter how much the bill is, I pay $100.

Get a new headliner and all.

I took my 2012 Longhorn there for a bearing; they replaced everything in front.

$6,600.00, I think.

The warranty company sent an inspector to verify.

He approved; it cost me $100.

You can’t beat that.

I had the same warranty on mine, but it has since expired.

When my third brake light leaked, the dealership just replaced the entire light with a thicker gasket.

That was when I first purchased my new truck in 2016.

It seems to leak slightly again, but now I have a camper shell on the truck.

One of these days, I’ll feel froggy enough to slide the shell back and replace that gasket again, LOL.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Re: RAM Truck Water Leak?

I had a small cab leak, same deal, sweat inside, but no wet carpet.

I replaced all cab lamps and the rear hi-stop lamp, and my issue was the rear cab exhaust baffles (2); they were replaced and dry as can be inside.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    You can’t beat that.

I had the same warranty on mine, but it has since expired.

When my third brake light leaked, the dealership just replaced the entire light with a thicker gasket.

That was when I first purchased my new truck in 2016.

It seems to leak slightly again, but now I have a camper shell on the truck.

One of these days, I’ll feel froggy enough to slide the shell back and replace that gasket again, LOL.

It's your cab baffles; remove the rear flip-up seats and install them from the inside.

Under $20 in parts.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

12. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    It's your cab baffles; remove the rear flip-up seats and install them from the inside.

Under $20 in parts.
    Wish it was that, mine is leaking from the third brake light.
    You can see the discoloration in the headliner in each rear corner.

14. Likes Corkey, AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Wish it was that, mine is leaking from the third brake light.
    You can see the discoloration in the headliner in each rear corner.

Mine would have moisture from wet inside condense on the roof because of the temp difference and sometimes when stopping, I could see water run out of the headliner (small amounts) and it still ended up being the baffles. The baffles design totally change because of this. If yours isnt the new design, its going to leak if its not already. I kept focusing on the roof area too, the water running out threw me off course. If you havent replaced them yet, they will leak if they are not already. under 9 bucks each, i checked your model year and it has been superseded to a new part number (updated design)

#1 part, X2 qty

16. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    Mine would have moisture from wet inside condense on the roof because of the temp difference and sometimes when stopping, I could see water run out of the headliner (small amounts) and it still ended up being the baffles. The baffles design totally change because of this. If yours isnt the new design, its going to leak if its not already. I kept focusing on the roof area too, the water running out threw me off course. If you havent replaced them yet, they will leak if they are not already. under 9 bucks each, i checked your model year and it has been superseded to a new part number (updated design)

#1 part, X2 qty

https://www.Moparpartsgiant.com/reso...b57b2d23d7.png
    https://www.Moparpartsgiant.com/reso...bbad6c2149.jpg
    Well dang! Learn something new everyday.
    I’ll have to check those vent baffles whenever it warms back up.
    How did you discover yours was bad? Were they stuck closed?

18. Likes Corkey liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Well dang! Learn something new everyday.
    I’ll have to check those vent baffles whenever it warms back up.
    How did you discover yours was bad? Were they stuck closed?

No, they just have rubber flaps held down by gravity, the leak is from the plastic frame to cab seal leak. They improved the design and new one fits much tighter, compresses the seal much better. You will feel it pulling them in till the barbs snap out locking it in place.

Never had a bad leak, carpet always dry. The felt on flooring under seat extended and the water from baffle leaked on top, this kept carpet and pad fro m getting wet. Mine was parked nose slightly downhill (this was good)and water would land on top of the mat that lined the rear storage boxes. I got water in the pass side. The cloth mat has a rubberized backing making it water proof. I did everything else except the baffles and read many baffle leaks. So driving my truck, I would get water run out by map light. I have lots of condensation on my glass too. So new interior air was moist. It would condense on roof metal and then movement from driving, would fall down on the headliner. It ran out one time at a pillar area at headliner on pass side onto wifes leg, she bellows out "Uh yeah".

So ordered new baffles, removes rear jump seats (18mm wrench, slow going first time because of thread locker) and once seat back was out, remove rear sound deadener mat, you will see the baffles and you will have some stains visible from the water leak. Nearly impossible to snap in unless bed is off, but the baffles do fit through the holes, so poke them through, then pull them back in place. Clean the surfaces really well first on outside through the holes. Moisture inside these trucks can create lots of funny electrical issues with the networking.

Part number is
    Mopar 68157351AC EXHAUSTER-BODYSIDE Aperture

You have design 1 in place, which is same number but ends in AB which I am sure superceeded AA
    MSPR is $11.96 each

20. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast