Thanks Thanks:  55
Likes Likes:  162
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Towing With Stainless Diesel S67.7

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Towing With Stainless Diesel S67.7

On the 68's, you can bump it down on the Colum to keep it where you desire the rpm's or drop an additional gear to slow down more.

If I we're looking for another rig, It will have a G56 in it.

Or if I get a wild hair at the end of the year, just do a swap and a revision.

Just haven't looked on here in a while for members swaps right ups.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    On the 68's, you can bump it down on the Colum to keep it where you desire the rpm's or drop an additional gear to slow down more.

I'd love to do a G56 or FMVB swap myself.

The 68RFE is ok for what it is but I don't think I'll be happy unless I'm manually shifting the gears myself, and using the column is annoying.

Glad to hear you finally chucked that China turbo and put a real one in OP!

3. Thanks rsl0311usmc, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

Quote Originally Posted by BuckMeister View Post
    I'd love to do a G56 or FMVB swap myself.

The 68RFE is ok for what it is but I don't think I'll be happy unless I'm manually shifting the gears myself, and using the column is annoying.

Glad to hear you finally chucked that china turbo and put a real one in OP!
    Man your right on that one. That old turbo never felt right after comparing it to Stainless Diesels.

Smedings was an S464 and the one I have now is S467.7.

With this bigger turbo I build boost quicker than the 64 which has shocked me.

The all around quality of the turbo is spot on.

Btw the sound while towing is insane with the 5 blade she freaking screams like a jet.

When I get some time I am still going to take apart the Smeding turbo which is just sitting in the garage.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24

I found a short swap write-up on here a few weeks ago.

I was dangerously close to going down that road with my 08 had the G56 pedals and trim parts in a pile in the garage and ended up selling them after I traded that truck for my current one.

Reading the swap write-up got my wheels turning.

What to do when it is time to rebuild the 68?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Top Of Page | #25

Quote Originally Posted by Mtrail11591 View Post
    I found a short swap write-up on here a few weeks ago.

I was dangerously close to going down that road with my 08 had the G56 pedals and trim parts in a pile in the garage and ended up selling them after I traded that truck for my current one.

Reading the swap write-up got my wheels turning.

What to do when it is time to rebuild the 68?

I mean, honestly, there is nothing like having a manual, let alone a manual diesel.

Get a decent clutch, and you are about set with the G56.

Don't let people tell you the G56 can't handle power, either.

There are plenty of people making huge power on stock G56 granted no transmission or motor is indestructible or without issues.

If you don't want to do a swap, there are a few nice trucks on Autotrader, also.

My opinion, and from what I have read, is the G56 was only derated on power due to the horrible stock clutch, and that clutch was used so people wouldn't complain about chatter or gear rollover noise.

Mine was so quite stock it was ridiculous I hated it and trying to hear the RPMS and when to shift.

8. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsl0311usmc View Post
    Yep, that was it.

I didn't even realize that was the name.

I am oblivious at times, LOL.
    Out west, we call those "mole hills"

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #27

Quote Originally Posted by rsl0311usmc View Post
    I mean, honestly, there is nothing like having a manual, let alone a manual diesel.

Get a decent clutch, and you are about set with the G56.

Don't let people tell you the G56 can't handle power, either.

There are plenty of people making huge power on stock G56 granted no transmission or motor is indestructible or without issues.

If you don't want to do a swap, there are a few nice trucks on Autotrader, also.

My opinion, and from what I have read, is the G56 was only derated on power due to the horrible stock clutch, and that clutch was used so people wouldn't complain about chatter or gear rollover noise.

Mine was so quite stock it was ridiculous I hated it and trying to hear the RPMS and when to shift.
    Everything I told your right; it’s not the G56 it was the clutch

12. Top Of Page | #28

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    Out west, we call those "molehills"
    Ha ha that's awesome.

I need to plan a trip out west to see everything since I have never been.

13. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

If you hit the NW corner states, pack your bags LOL, you won't want to go back.

It's pretty, plus the Gorge "I84" has a beautiful scenery.

I say we make a trip up to Bobs place and build some igloos an get some exploring, hunting, and fishing done.

One day I'll hit the copper river.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

14. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

If you hit the NW corner states, pack your bags LOL, you won't want to go back.

It's pretty, plus the Gorge "I84" has a beautiful scenery.

I say we make a trip up to Bobs place and build some igloos an get some exploring, hunting, and fishing done.

One day I'll hit the copper river.
    Now that sounds like a good plan!

Beautiful scenery and plenty of them “molehills” here and along the way, LOL.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast