Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  144
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AlfaOBD Success Yet Again!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

AlfaOBD Success Yet Again!

OK, this tool has to be the best thing since sliced bread.

I have been boasting about it in other threads, but I figured I'd consolidate my success with it.

My brand new RAM FOBIK came in today, so I programmed it.

It did require a unique 4-digit PIN, which I could also get via the Alfa.

It was super easy.

I will take the unit to work and have our parts dept cut my spare key.

OK, I have turned on my factory brake controller I added 10+ years ago, to read in the EVIC center; I added Bluetooth last year after I liked it so much in my 2016 Camry commuter car; seen my radio was uconnect ready.

It was installed but never worked until I added it in the custom section, and she came to life.

In an older post, I wondered why I couldn't turn on a factory alarm; technically, with a body computer and the same unit controlling everything, it should be there.

I was right; the next option is to turn on the factory alarm.

Done, dash light blinks, horns sound, and turn signals flash cost was free for a factory alarm Tough to beat.

I did also turn off my seat belt warning chime.

I always wear my seat belt; I hate listening to it when I drive to my cabin, get out to open the gate, and go on my long drive listening to that chime.

I also turned on my reverse warning chime.

It dings five times anytime it's put into reverse.

Anyway, so many more features it can do.

Other forums have an AlfaOBD section for things they could do with their program.

I mean, I verified stuff.

It might not be a bad idea.

This will do turbo actuator sweeps (required to do a replacement), can keep fog lamps on in high beam, and install LED lights by making changes for LED, same for headlamps, quad lamps, tire size, fuel tank size, and gear ratios.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

AlfaOBD works for calibrating rear air suspension also.

See post #7 in the link below.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...Air-Suspension

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I'm telling you, if you have owned a RAM from 2006 to current, you need this.

I will throw rocks at everything else.

So will you.

Some of the language may be unfamiliar, but it makes sense that my hood switch didn't exist, so on the security switch, I chose hood switch knock out, which means to knock it out of the system.

So things like this, if unsure, hold off till you figure it out.

Alfa saves the day again.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

4. Top Of Page | #4

Great stuff!

I used it to reprogram my tire size so the speedometer and odo are accurate with my 37s.

I am hoping to do a lot more soon!

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Re: AlfaOBD Success Yet Again!

This link also has some good information and success stories with AlfaOBD.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...aOBD-Questions

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    OK, this tool has to be the best thing since sliced bread.

I have been boasting about it in other threads, but I figured I'd consolidate my success with it.

My brand new RAM FOBIK came in today, so I programmed it.

It did require a unique 4-digit PIN, which I could also get via the Alfa.

It was super easy.

I will take the unit to work and have our parts dept cut my spare key.

OK, I have turned on my factory brake controller I added 10+ years ago, to read in the EVIC center; I added Bluetooth last year after I liked it so much in my 2016 Camry commuter car; seen my radio was uconnect ready.

It was installed but never worked until I added it in the custom section, and she came to life.

In an older post, I wondered why I couldn't turn on a factory alarm; technically, with a body computer and the same unit controlling everything, it should be there.

I was right; the next option is to turn on the factory alarm.

Done, dash light blinks, horns sound, and turn signals flash cost was free for a factory alarm Tough to beat.

I did also turn off my seat belt warning chime.

I always wear my seat belt; I hate listening to it when I drive to my cabin, get out to open the gate, and go on my long drive listening to that chime.

I also turned on my reverse warning chime.

It dings five times anytime it's put into reverse.

Anyway, so many more features it can do.

Other forums have an AlfaOBD section for things they could do with their program.

I mean, I verified stuff.

It might not be a bad idea.

This will do turbo actuator sweeps (required to do a replacement), can keep fog lamps on in high beam, and install LED lights by making changes for LED, same for headlamps, quad lamps, tire size, fuel tank size, and gear ratios.
    Were you able to pull the pin?

What year?

I am trying to determine if it will pull the pin on a 16.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Badger2078 View Post
    Were you able to pull the pin?

What year?

I am trying to determine if it will pull the pin on a 16.

Mine is 2010; your 2016 is a prime candidate for this AlfaOBD software.

It takes about 1 minute to get the pin.

It required my PIN to rekey the FOBIK, so I got that first in advance.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Mine is 2010; your 2016 is a prime candidate for this AlfaOBD software.

It takes about 1 minute to get the pin.

It required my PIN to rekey the FOBIK, so I got that first in advance.
    I can pull the pin to a 13 with my diag computer but not 13 up.

I bet AlphaOBD is the same.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I bet it's not, be willing to bet it will pull all pins up to current stuff.

You need to get around the security gateway from 2018 upward, but a simple task.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I bet it's not, be willing to bet it will pull all pins up to current stuff.

You need to get around the security gateway from 2018 upward, but a simple task.
    Just tried to pull the PIN on my 2014 with AlfaOBD no option was listed, and no success.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast