Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Generator Voltage Sensor High?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Generator Voltage Sensor High?

So I got my truck new rear calipers, pads, and rotors for the rear.

MM3 shows 14.9v max after start-up, then 14.6v at idle.

Guage cluster voltage shows 9v or maybe 10v.

20-mile drive home.

It didn't change and seemed to reset max settings as the MM3 lost proper voltage to communicate with the ECM.

Any idea what to check?

Put a tester on both batteries, still hooked up, and read 14.6 at idle.

Batteries are maybe four months old.

Yes, I'll get it load tested tomorrow, but I ran into this issue roughly four months ago, LOL, and replaced the batteries, and I'm experiencing the same problem.

Edit: P063D

Even with the key off, I heard a high pitch sound from the speakers.

My switch for the train horn was tapped to the fuse #36 "audio amplifier."

The train horn is also wired to a constant hot; it might have been a draw to weaken the batteries.

KOEO 12.5V on the alternator, clear codes 3x, and no luck.

Test lite all fuses check out good; test lite grid heater engine on with no light, so grid heater works properly.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Generator Voltage Sensor High?

Have you run through the troubleshooting steps for the P063D trouble code attached?

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Generator Voltage Sensor High?

I tested the voltage on the cross-over cable to the positive terminal and only got 1v.

Measured from the cross-over connector to the cable just before the clamp, it got 13V.

The moral of the story is if it looks clean, still remove other accessories and clean; this was my issue.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

6. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: Generator Voltage Sensor High?

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    I tested the voltage on the cross-over cable to the positive terminal and only got 1v.

Measured from the cross-over connector to the cable just before the clamp, it got 13V.

The moral of the story is if it looks clean, still remove other accessories and clean; this was my issue.
    Good work; pleased to hear you got her fixed.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post