Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  144
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Cummins 6.7L Webinar Class (About An Hour Long)

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Free Cummins 6.7L Webinar Class (About An Hour Long)

Quote Originally Posted by Jwaller View Post
    Yeah, thanks for letting us know about it!

I’m gonna flex that cert hahahaha.

But seriously, I’m into knowing what I own to that level, which was cool!
    I'm the same way, first got my truck, I was like a sponge soaking it all up, not even close to saturated yet.

I am glad the turnout was better than I thought; it was a last-minute deal.

My instructor at work sent me the link; he knows I like the 6.7L Cummins and said "I thought you might be interested in this," of course, I knew many others who were also interested.

So I shared it.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    At work, we use a battery charger with a "power supply" mode.

Pro Logix is the model made by Solar.

The power supply has to be stable; the first thing I do on a customer's car is turn off all loads, heated seats, window defoggers, heater, no loads at all.

Power needs to be stable; if the voltage drops below 11.8, it will kill an ECU or interrupt it midway through.

It has a power supply mode.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1500_.jpg
    I have a Duralast battery charger/maintainer.

It will show the voltage.

Is it the driver's side battery I need to worry about keeping above 11.8?

2021 Ram 2500 Crew Can SB, Billet Silver Night Edition, Tuned by CCS/EFI Live, 5 position SOTF, 5” exhaust with Aeroturbine 5050xl resonator/muffler, S&B Intake, 295/60’s on stock 20’s.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jwaller View Post
    I have a Duralast battery charger/maintainer.

It will show the voltage.

Is it the driver's side battery I need to worry about keeping above 11.8?

2021 Ram 2500 Crew Can SB, Billet Silver Night Edition, Tuned by CCS/EFI Live, 5 position SOTF, 5” exhaust with Aeroturbine 5050xl resonator/muffler, S&B Intake, 295/60’s on stock 20’s.
    On a battery with a charger, power supply, etc., we usually see around 13.0 or a bit higher when flashing ECU.

Some models require us to unplug the electric cooling fans (we dont have these) because while the flash runs, it turns the fans on, which is a heavy load.

You will probably be fine if you have good solid batteries, especially with 2 good batteries.

They are in parallel; suppose you could disconnect one side, but if they are both good, it's to your advantage to have them both online.

Trying software updates (flashes) can bite you if you have borderline batteries and no charger.

It's good to have good batteries for running active tests, but that won't hurt the ECU if it drops below 11.8; the 11.8 is where ECU communications stop.

The software you upload uses the CAN system.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

5. Thanks Jwaller, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Thanks for that info.

I may pull the fan and fuel pump fuses the next time I flash.

I usually ensure everything is off, no USBs plugged in.

I’m paranoid because the last time I tried to flash my truck with EFi Live, the PCM got bricked.

I thought maybe I had the key in my pocket and stepped out, but I’m unsure.

I shipped it to Canada expressly, and my truck was down for about two weeks.

That PCM is a pain to get out, easy to get in.

After jacking the front up and removing the tire, I went through the fender.

I definitely won’t play around with not knowing the battery is over 11.8V or disrupt any charging/draw.

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I'd be all over it, but I am at work, signed up for it.

See you there.

Put on by Standard Motor Products, and you get a nifty certificate when done.

https://register.gotowebinar.com/reg...71773867015518
    Man, bummed I missed this.

Anyway, to sign up for notification of any upcoming webinars?

2015 / RAM / 2500 CTD-68RFE-4wd / 3.42 / stock tire size / Silver / Bighorn

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

On the part of the IPC code on the valve cover, a good idea to take a snapshot of it with your camera phone.

The seminar showed it on the side of the valve cover; mine is on top in the back; critical numbers are nice to have before it's lost to the wind, elements, etc.

Print it out and use clear tape to the underhood, inner fender, etc.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by z28-50 View Post
    Man, bummed I missed this.

Anyway, to sign up for notification of any upcoming webinars?
    I think AK Bob will find a link and recording to post so that you can catch up, but you won't get the cool certificate.

I'll post one up, and you can photo-shop your name in it.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I think AK Bob will find a link and recording to post so that you can catch up, but you won't get the cool certificate.

I'll post one up, and you can photo-shop your name in it.
    Thank you!

2015 / RAM / 2500 CTD-68RFE-4wd / 3.42 / stock tire size / Silver / Bighorn

14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

At work, we use a battery charger with a "power supply" mode.

Pro Logix is the model made by Solar.

The power supply has to be stable; the first thing I do on a customer's car is turn off all loads, heated seats, window defoggers, heater, no loads at all.

Power needs to be stable; if the voltage drops below 11.8, it will kill an ECU or interrupt it midway through.

It has a power supply mode.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1500_.jpg
    I think a new purchase is on the horizon.

Thanks for the link.

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Re: Free Cummins 6.7L Webinar Class (About An Hour Long)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    I think a new purchase is on the horizon.

Thanks for the link.
    I own the one shown.

Nice unit.

16. Thanks Jwaller, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast