Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  65
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.3 Million Miles - 2014 RAM 3500

1. Top Of Page | #1

1.3 Million Miles - 2014 RAM 3500

Greetings, fellow high-mileage peeps.

I’m well over a million and 300k on my 2014 RAM 3500, but what is highly disappointing is that I have no natural way to prove it.

My cluster has been locked up at 621369 for four years now, which equates to 999999 kilometers, and the programming doesn’t allow for a 7th digit.

Such bullshit.

I can only guess by multiplying my average speed vs. the displayed hours.

FCA has a star bulletin for it, but beyond that, they don’t care about fixing it.

I can do a quick search for trucks for sale with that exact mileage as mine and to know how many people are getting screwed when buying a used one because the actual mileage can’t be shown.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 1.3 Million Miles - 2014 RAM 3500

That’s impressive!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, CrazyTrain, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Epictechwill View Post

I’m well over a million and 300k on my 2014 RAM 3500, but what is highly disappointing is that I have no natural way to prove it.

My cluster has been locked up at 621369 for four years now, which equates to 999999 kilometers, and the programming doesn’t allow for a 7th digit.

Such bullshit.

FCA has a star bulletin for it, but beyond that, they don’t care about fixing it.

I can do a quick search for trucks for sale with that exact mileage as mine and to know how many people are getting screwed when buying a used one because the actual mileage can’t be shown.
    We only have awards up to 400,000 miles. :rolf:

You broke our site!

Now we got to get the million-mile icon, LOL!

We are going to have to do an (I OWE YOU)!

That's awesome,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

5. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

Such bullshit.

Holy crap, that's insane.

I didn't know the mileage locks up at that point, either.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by rsl0311usmc View Post
    Holy crap, that's insane.

I didn't know the mileage locks up at that point, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Top Of Page | #6

Tell me more about your truck, man.

I will ask the famous question of what oil you run and change the intervals.

Is your truck on the weight loss program with DRD tunes?

I want 2016 to be my last truck, so if it can do what yours has done, that would be insane.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Such bullshit.

Congrats!

I, too, would like to know the oil/oil filter type/intervals you used.

Did you buy it new?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

That is awesome!

2017) 2500 6.7 Stockish..... just a tune, sticks and charger
    2004) 2500 5.9 1098whp..... Nothing Stock

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

1.3 Million Miles - 2014 RAM 3500

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Congrats!

I, too, would like to know the oil/oil filter type/intervals you used.

Did you buy it new?
    I bought it very slightly used with 9,000 miles on it, still had the new car smell LOL.

I immediately changed the oil on day one and have run Rotella T with a 20% ratio of synthetic Lucas ever since.

While I’ve never had an actual mechanical issue with the engine, it is on transmission#3.

The first two lasted to nearly 500k each, one secret to my tranny longevity has been that I bypassed the thermal valve with a revmax bypass kit and regular fluid changes.

I also pull trailers frequently, so it’s not like I used it as a grocery-getter.

Last year, I pulled the cab on post at Fort Campbell auto skills shop myself and completely tore down the engine to the short block ONLY because it had several oil leaks, the front main cover, oil filter cooler, valve cover cracked, etc.

I put everything back original, with no headwork, block work, just all new gaskets.

I deleted it in 2020 at the beginning of Covid with a RaceME Ultra tuner and Sinister diesel delete kit, and I installed a 60-gallon Titan tank and an Airdog system.

That is the extent of the mods to the truck; everything else is original.

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I bought it very slightly used with 9,000 miles on it, still had the new car smell LOL.

I immediately changed the oil on day one and have run Rotella T with a 20% ratio of synthetic Lucas ever since.

While I’ve never had an actual mechanical issue with the engine, it is on transmission#3.

The first two lasted to nearly 500k each, one secret to my tranny longevity has been that I bypassed the thermal valve with a revmax bypass kit and regular fluid changes.

I also pull trailers frequently, so it’s not like I used it as a grocery-getter.

Last year, I pulled the cab on post at Fort Campbell auto skills shop myself and completely tore down the engine to the short block ONLY because it had several oil leaks, the front main cover, oil filter cooler, valve cover cracked, etc.

I put everything back original, with no headwork, block work, just all new gaskets.

I deleted it in 2020 at the beginning of Covid with a RaceME Ultra tuner and Sinister diesel delete kit, and I installed a 60-gallon Titan tank and an Airdog system.

That is the extent of the mods to the truck; everything else is original.

Very nice, thanks for sharing!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, NateB2316 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast