Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  41

Thread: Stock 6.7L Injectors?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Stock 6.7L Injectors?

Are the 6.7L Cummins stock injectors cylinder specific by code, or can you put them in wherever as long as you use new connecting tubes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Stock 6.7L Injectors?

Quote Originally Posted by trc23 View Post
    Are the 6.7L Cummins stock injectors cylinder specific by code, or can you put them in wherever as long as you use new connecting tubes?

Ideally, they should be returned to the original locations, but you may get them by mixing them up.

I would write down the calibration codes as you install them, so if you have any issues, you can program them to each cylinder.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

If you go with aftermarket injectors such as BBI or S&S, you can put them in whichever order you want.

It shouldn't need any coding done, but on the OEM stuff, I don't think we have installed a set of OEM, yet LOL everyone wants the aftermarket ones : )

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DDP View Post
    If you go with aftermarket injectors such as BBI or S&S, you can put them in whichever order you want.

It shouldn't need any coding done, but on the OEM stuff, I don't think we have installed a set of OEM, yet LOL everyone wants the aftermarket ones : )
    It was after a headgasket change.

Is there a way to ensure they got back in their designated cylinder?

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

What year is the truck?

2013 up trucks don’t matter where you put them for older ones, and you can still put them wherever but you should program the injector codes into the PCM.

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You can read and write your injector calibration codes on your 2012 RAM with AlfaOBD.

See the attached video starting at 5:22 minutes in.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

If they go in the same spot, same fuel tube.

If you move them around (not sure why one would do this), then it's new fuel tubes, and you need to rewrite the compensation codes.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Yes, read the code from the top of the injector, and then with a good scan tool, read the compensation codes; it will tell you where they belong.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Injectors go in the same hole, the same fuel tube.

If you move them around, the fuel tube must be used with the same injector already mated (a one-shot deal).

If you do move them around, then you have to rewrite your compensation codes in the ECU.

No good reason not to put them back in the exact location.

If you have not kept the fuel tube with the corresponding injectors, plan on new fuel tubes too.

Personally, anyone doing any engine work ECU programming should record their compensation codes on their injectors in case programming goes sideways and a new ECU is needed, etc. This is easier then having to pull the valve cover off and part of the valvetrain to get the compensation codes off the injectors. If you do have them out, take a picture of the code with your phone and make a note of which cylinder it ends up in for code writing to ECU

17. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post